Modded iPods & CD collection

cocomong

Figured i'd ask here considering it's a music forum.

Does anyone here happen to have a modded ipod? I'm thinking of buying one online with a large storage space to import all my cd's i've collected through the years (which isn't much) since i mostly collect vinyl but wanted to see if they're worth the money and can handle a huge amount of unreleased music i do have on top of the music i have yet to rip in lossless without any issues on how smoothly it works.

Another question i have, are we allowed to share ripped cds on here? i've wondered if there's a thread for that or if we're allowed to do that cuz i'd be up for sharing the lossless rips of albums i have if anyone is interested.

Edited by cocomong
  • Like 1

I have a couple of the largest iPods that were manufactured (256 gb). In the years since, I adapted to having Spotify on various iPhones.

I didn’t realise there are people out there who modify iPods or that their use (as a separate entity from the iPhone line) is still even a thing in the 2020’s.

Dependent upon your taste I’d be curious to know what CDs you are thinking of ripping.

I haven't seen the modded iPods irl but I like the idea of them. It's nice to have something completely dedicated to music and the idea of going back to simpler times is pretty alluring. I would check one out!

And yes, you definitely can share them! Feel free to make a thread in Collections or Albums!

23 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

I have a couple of the largest iPods that were manufactured (256 gb). In the years since, I adapted to having Spotify on various iPhones.

I didn’t realise there are people out there who modify iPods or that their use (as a separate entity from the iPhone line) is still even a thing in the 2020’s.

Dependent upon your taste I’d be curious to know what CDs you are thinking of ripping.

Yeah lately i've seen a resurgence of people getting modded ipods so they're aesthetically pleasing to them and of course a new battery / storage capacity. I've seen some go up to 2TB since they're video compatible. Here's the site i personally was looking at: https://player-mods.com/ That black front & gold backing is calling to me but that price point will be such a big investment, which makes me hesitant.

I was interested in it since I do have current music in a ipod nano that i constantly have to be changing the music in it since not much fits in the 2GB storage, but the other downfall to it having it's original battery is that it dies fairly quickly. It comes in handy when i'm charging my phone and need to let it rest and i still want to listen to music on headphones.
I do have mostly pop music, I have:

Spoiler

Kesha (Animal - Rainbow)

Loona (Heejin - Loossemble's TTYL)

Produce Pandas (Most CDs)

Panic at the disco (all cds)

CL (Alpha)

Avril (Under My Skin)

Cheetah Girls (1st movie)

Bonnie Mckee (Trouble - Bombastic)

Buttress (Behind Every Great Man)

Carly (emotion)

Colette Carr (Not Sure Yet / Skitszo)

Gwen Stefani (This is what the truth feels like Target Edition)

Jeon Somi (Game Plan)

Marina (Froot)

Aespa (Savage)

Neon Hitch (Yard Sale Single)

NewJeans (all cds)

Ryn Weaver (The Fool Target Edition)

Sky Ferreira (Ghost / NTMT)

Ashlee Simpson (Autobiography)

Smash Mouth (Astro Lounge)

Taeyeon (INVU, This Christmas, To. X

Tinashe (Aquarius)

Tove Lo (QOTC)

Lights (Little Machines)

White Arrows (In Bardo)

Le Sserafim (Antifragile - Crazy)

Sunmi (Full Moon, Warning, 1/6)

Alexa (Decoherence, xtra, tattoo, girls gone vogue)

I have maybe 2 more i can't find unless i completely lost them (no doubt singles 1992 & Gwen's sweet escape)

If you want any of these I can either PM you the files or start a thread as suggested.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I haven't seen the modded iPods irl but I like the idea of them. It's nice to have something completely dedicated to music and the idea of going back to simpler times is pretty alluring. I would check one out!

And yes, you definitely can share them! Feel free to make a thread in Collections or Albums!

100%! As i mentioned earlier it comes in handy when i don't want to play my music out loud on my tv, google, or leave it playing on my phone while charging. Plus i fee like it'll definitely help with my phone's battery life that seems to be almost non existent. I just want to get back to the basics and keep it solely for music.

Another reason i asked about the cd rip sharing was because i've noticed a few of my flop fave's music has been taken down from streaming but was sold on hand made cds or limited releases and really put the whole "you don't own your music with streaming" into perspective. Like The Cheetah girls' first album was unavailable on streaming for years so im glad i had the cd lol. I'd love to just have a digital library of albums i love and if i can share them with others that happen to want them too i'd be glad to share lol. There's also the boycotting within the kpop industry so that's also why i have all of loona's discography on digital since i collected over the years pre boycott.

7 hours ago, cocomong said:

100%! As i mentioned earlier it comes in handy when i don't want to play my music out loud on my tv, google, or leave it playing on my phone while charging. Plus i fee like it'll definitely help with my phone's battery life that seems to be almost non existent. I just want to get back to the basics and keep it solely for music.

Another reason i asked about the cd rip sharing was because i've noticed a few of my flop fave's music has been taken down from streaming but was sold on hand made cds or limited releases and really put the whole "you don't own your music with streaming" into perspective. Like The Cheetah girls' first album was unavailable on streaming for years so im glad i had the cd lol. I'd love to just have a digital library of albums i love and if i can share them with others that happen to want them too i'd be glad to share lol. There's also the boycotting within the kpop industry so that's also why i have all of loona's discography on digital since i collected over the years pre boycott.

What's the boycot happening within the Kpop industry? The stans are wilding out again? :cackle: 

6 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

What's the boycot happening within the Kpop industry? The stans are wilding out again? :cackle: 

Lmao, some are admittedly exaggerated but some are valid. The ones I know of now are that the main big companies are apparently funding Israel. But for loona specifically they were being mentally & verbally abused. Over worked while not being paid at all since the first member debuted in 2016 through 2022 when they disbanded. All 12 members + staff living in a 4 bedroom “dorm” I believe while being monitored on what they eat & the staff would punish them for trying to sneak food while at music shows, performances or filming. Any official streams go directly to BBC (blockberry creative) to help them get out of their money laundering debt & to suing the girls. So that’s why I use the ripped cds to listen to them from the iPhone music app 😅

there’s a group called fiftyfifty (Cupid was popular & they were on the Barbie soundtrack) had similar experiences to loona so they’re on the boycott list so the company doesn’t gain from their established fan base with the new members they brought in after the original ones left.

needless to say I don’t stream Kesha given the doctor Luke thing. I also use local files for her.

Edited by cocomong