Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

2 minutes ago, genetonic said:

I wish 'Love Like This' would surface one day. Wasn't it supposed to be the 2012 debut single before Emeli Sande snatched it back causing the push backs?

I wish it would leak. Tbh I still haven’t fully moved on from Love In Stereo, Too in Love, Swimming Pools and Light Up not being available to stream officially 🥹

2 minutes ago, OliverLuxembourg said:

I wish it would leak. Tbh I still haven’t fully moved on from Love In Stereo, Too in Love, Swimming Pools and Light Up not being available to stream officially 🥹

'Love Like This' is the one I'm most intrigued at out of all the unleaked tracks. Produced by Naughty Boy and said to be "reminiscent of the Sugababes' early work”.

The 'Too In Love' situation is a weird one. I don't see why the backing track being sold to James Arthur would stop MKS for releasing it? James's version has a completely different arrangement at this point anyway. Should have taken 'Breathe Me's place in the Deluxe edition.

And 'Light Up' was sadly carelessly overlooked. Keisha doesn't even remember which track it was. Mess!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, genetonic said:

'Love Like This' is the one I'm most intrigued at out of all the unleaked tracks. Produced by Naughty Boy and said to be "reminiscent of the Sugababes' early work”.

The 'Too In Love' situation is a weird one. I don't see why the backing track being sold to James Arthur would stop MKS for releasing it? James's version has a completely different arrangement at this point anyway. Should have taken 'Breathe Me's place in the Deluxe edition.

And 'Light Up' was sadly carelessly overlooked. Keisha doesn't even remember which track it was. Mess!

Also it got me thinking that if they could add Breathe Me (a cover) on their album, they’d need to ask Sia for permission I think. That was relatively easy since they’re in contact & she helped them write Victory.

They could have added Love in Stereo as a Bananarama cover technically. They’d only need permission from the songwriters (themselves) so I don’t see why it should be hard. It’s one of my favorites and far better than breathe me… 😭

I was the one who asked on her youtube video comments if she remembered Light Up🤡 she definitely doesn’t care for that track 

On 7/7/2024 at 1:05 AM, OliverLuxembourg said:

Did anyone go to Amelle’s concert today? She sang Get Sexy👀

A short snippet was posted on the Portsmouth Pride instagram page

Go off Ms Amelle!

She's not my favourite babe but props to her for keeping these songs alive.

I'm still here for Sugababes: The B Team to be opening acts on all the girls future dates :wink: 

• YAAASSS 1

15 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Go off Ms Amelle!

I'm still here for Sugababes: The B Team to be opening acts on all the girls future dates :wink: 

Why is she shouting the lyrics, though? The hate she and Jade get is unfounded. Amelle was a good singer. Yes, not as strong as Mutya, but I always enjoyed her lighter rasp in comparison to Mutya's deeper one.

18 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Why is she shouting the lyrics, though? The hate she and Jade get is unfounded. Amelle was a good singer. Yes, not as strong as Mutya, but I always enjoyed her lighter rasp in comparison to Mutya's deeper one.

Well NO ONE is as strong as Mutya, although Keisha is definitely getting there 🤔 Amelle is talented but she does tend to do a Halsey and oversing the lyrics

4 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

They sound good here! Much better than Siobhan did at Glastonbury 🤭

11 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Well NO ONE is as strong as Mutya, although Keisha is definitely getting there 🤔 Amelle is talented but she does tend to do a Halsey and oversing the lyrics

They sound good here! Much better than Siobhan did at Glastonbury 🤭

Well, because the audio was better. And while I am adjusting to 2.0 and 3.0 songs sung with 1.0, I'm still somewhat of the mindset that each lineup worked best with their own songs.

The Babes shutting down Glastonbury for the second time even with a bigger stage is so iconic !

On 7/13/2024 at 11:43 PM, Main Pop Girl said:

Go off Ms Amelle!

Amelle seems to be having fun and i'm glad for her fans and for those who like those songs that she decided to keep them alive. MKS reuniting under the Sugababes moniker and keeping the legacy alive is definitely a good thing for her career. Of course it means that she can't reform 4.0 under that name, but that was very unlikely anyway so everyone wins.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:25 PM, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Well, because the audio was better. And while I am adjusting to 2.0 and 3.0 songs sung with 1.0, I'm still somewhat of the mindset that each lineup worked best with their own songs.

Maybe it was an audio issue, but the amount of lyrics Siobhan forgot was unforgivable :hottie: Heidi would NEVER!

On 7/22/2024 at 7:31 PM, sunshineslave said:

The Babes shutting down Glastonbury for the second time even with a bigger stage is so iconic !

Amelle seems to be having fun and i'm glad for her fans and for those who like those songs that she decided to keep them alive. MKS reuniting under the Sugababes moniker and keeping the legacy alive is definitely a good thing for her career. Of course it means that she can't reform 4.0 under that name, but that was very unlikely anyway so everyone wins.

It definitely puts Amelie and Heidi in an awkward position. It’s like they can’t really have a career while the original line up is thriving, bevause obviously no one is going to check for their solo careers :yeah: I hope they get some presenting gigs or something at least to keep their names out there!

• 3 weeks later...