Fix the Era

POPBOIY

Posted (edited)

FKA twigs - CAPRISONGS (14 January 2022). This one has really strong tracks and then... some duds. So I decided to remove a few (and almost all the interludes) and add some scrapped songs that work much better imo.

Singles:

1. "Tears in the Club" (30 September 2021)
  2. "Killer" (21 October 2021)
  3. "Carry Me" (18 November 2021)
  4. "Why Don't You Love Me" (9 December 2021)
  5. "Meta Angel" (20 January 2022)
  6. "Papi Bones" (17 February 2022)

Tracklist:

1. caprisongs intro / ride the dragon
  2. honda (feat. Pa Salieu)
  3. meta angel
  4. tears in the club (feat. The Weeknd)
  5. oh my love
  6. pamplemousse
  7. why don't you love me (feat. Dua Lipa)
  8. killer
  9. caviar
  10. papi bones (feat. Shygirl)
  11. 30 seconds
  12. jealousy (feat. Rema)
  13. careless (feat. Daniel Caesar)
  14. carry me
  15. darjeeling (feat. Jorja Smith & Unknown T)
  16. what it takes
  17. silent people
  18. thank you
Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

On 7/3/2024 at 2:09 AM, Ice Prince said:

Yeah, to be honest each song in the EP was a strong single choice. If only the EP was followed shortly after by a full album :yeah: 

That's what I was hoping for... but it's clear she was waiting for Hot City subconsciously.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hot City by Bonnie McKee (2024)

GNeK3tkWkAArsgN.jpg:large

Tracklist

Spoiler

1. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous - Intro
2. American Girl
3. S.L.A.Y.
4. Forever 21
5. Hot City
6. Show You Mine
6. American Girl
7. Jenny's Got A Boyfriend
8. I Wanna Fucking Call You (2014 Version)
9. Worst In Me
10. Sleepwalker
11. Electric Heaven
12. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
13. Rewind Your Heart
14. Everything But You (2014 Version)
15. Stars In Your Heart
16. Just A Kiss (iTunes Bonus Track)

Okay so anyway I was mostly inspired by @Ice Prince's tracklist and the idea of a storyline, as shown below. I didn't dwell on the concept too hard but I liked that idea of the back and forth feeling of wanting something you can't have and then when you get it, it becomes something dangerous.

Spoiler

My version starts with introducing Bonnie's character through the first few tracks, American Girl, S.L.A.Y., Forever 21, and then Hot City is the beginning. Transitioning from Forever 21, Hot City introduces her to a new lifestyle of partying and living out her dreams. Then she meets a guy (Show You Mine) and chasing after him before realising he's taken (JGABF) but she's interested in him regardless, especially with his motives to capture bonnie's heart despite his current status, in which leads to IWFCY where she realises she shouldn't be involved but wants him anyway.

Worst In Me is the response track to these desires and Bonnie takes action to steer away, until Sleepwalker is a reveal of her feelings, that he's awoken a fire in her heart that she can't fan out (and the song itself transitions well from Worst In Me). Electric Heaven is where she has an intense hookup with him, and SGGH is the realisation that she needs to pull out now.

Rewind Your Heart is almost the karma to Bonnie "wanting the honey without getting stung". And Everything But You is acceptance and how she had her fun, but it's for the best he's out of the picture. Stars In Your heart is the final ending where he comes back and they make amends and start over. 

I should probably do a single rollout idea since I use this thread for mostly tracklist re-arranges and I don't take full advantage of fixing the entirety of an album rollout, but anyway.

Singles

1. American Girl (July 4th 2023) (The title says it all really)
2. Hot City (Single Edit, without transition from F21) (August 11th 2023) (Single of the summer)
3. Jenny's Got A Boyfriend (Febuary 27th 2024) (Bonnie finishes the album and continues the rollout)
4. Forever 21 (iTunes Pre-Order Exclusive, May 24th 2024)
5. Snatched (feat. Priyanka) (June 1st 2024, Promotional single for pride month, not included on the album because it doesn't fit the story but I also don't know where to put it lol)
6. DGMGF (Remix) (feat. Sophie Powers) (Second promotional single)

I'm awful at single rollouts so sorry if it doesn't make much sense lol

Edited by Crystal <3
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Crystal &lt;3 said:

Okay so anyway I was mostly inspired by @Ice Prince's tracklist and the idea of a storyline, as shown below. I didn't dwell on the concept too hard but I liked that idea of the back and forth feeling of wanting something you can't have and then when you get it, it becomes something dangerous.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the storyline idea. Yours flow amazing as well - only thing is I absolutely adore Just a Kiss and couldn't relegate it as a bonus. Other than that, it works! I'll leave mine in spoiler just for reference:

Spoiler
  1. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous solo version as an intro
  2. S.L.A.Y.
  3. American Girl
  4. Forever 21
  5. Hot City
  6. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  7. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  8. Electric Heaven
  9. Worst in Me
  10. Sleepwalker
  11. Show Me Your Love
  12. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  13. Rewind Your Heart
  14. Everything but You
  15. Just a Kiss
  16. Stars in Your Heart

As for the singles, I think she chose good ones but the space between DGMGF and Jenny is very large. I think I would do this way:

1. "American Girl" (25 June 2013, just because that's how it happened)
  2. "Hot City" (11 August 2023, the most evident lead single)
  3. "Forever 21" (6 October 2023, this had to be an earlier single, shame it was just promotional on pre-order)
  4. "Jenny's Got a Boyfriend" (19 January 2024, long gap because of holidays)
  5. "I Wanna Fucking Call You" (15 March 2024, it has a LOT of potential to go viral imo)
  6. "Rewind Your Heart" (17 May 2024, last pre-album single)
  7. "Everything but You" (5 July 2024, post-album)

A shorter spacing between singles would have had a more constant momentum I guess, although since the era started in summer 2023, the holiday season got in the middle anyways. I get why she wanted S.L.A.Y. as the lead single but tbh I don't think it was strong enough to kickstart the era.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the storyline idea. Yours flow amazing as well - only thing is I absolutely adore Just a Kiss and couldn't relegate it as a bonus. Other than that, it works! I'll leave mine in spoiler just for reference:

Reveal hidden contents

As for the singles, I think she chose good ones but the space between DGMGF and Jenny is very large. I think I would do this way:

1. "American Girl" (25 June 2013, just because that's how it happened)
  2. "Hot City" (11 August 2023, the most evident lead single)
  3. "Forever 21" (6 October 2023, this had to be an earlier single, shame it was just promotional on pre-order)
  4. "Jenny's Got a Boyfriend" (19 January 2024, long gap because of holidays)
  5. "I Wanna Fucking Call You" (15 March 2024, it has a LOT of potential to go viral imo)
  6. "Rewind Your Heart" (17 May 2024, last pre-album single)
  7. "Everything but You" (5 July 2024, post-album)

A shorter spacing between singles would have had a more constant momentum I guess, although since the era started in summer 2023, the holiday season got in the middle anyways. I get why she wanted S.L.A.Y. as the lead single but tbh I don't think it was strong enough to kickstart the era.

Oh i absolutely dig this single idea

• Like 1

Kim Petras - Feed the Beast (23 June 2023). I really like the artwork so I'm not changing it, but it would be cool to have deluxe and vinyl variants with the other shots from the photoshoot. One of her best album photoshoots if you ask me.

In a perfect world, the album gets a more cohesive era and tracklist, more single releases, and the Problématique songs are released in their originating album to make more space for songs in this one. It's also marketed as her second album after Problématique gets a proper era in 2022 instead.

Singles:

1. "Alone" (10 March 2023; a remix with Nicki Minaj drops two weeks later as a promo single)
  2. "King of Hearts" (7 April 2023)
  3. "Castle in the Sky" (26 May 2023)
  4. "Claws" (9 June 2023, last pre-album single)
  5. "uhoh" (4 August 2023)

Tracklist:

1. Feed the Beast
  2. Alone This edit I did - it omits Nicki's verse, replaces it with Kim's verse from the extended, and includes the outro of the DallasK remix
  3. King of Hearts
  4. uhoh
  5. Lolita
  6. Try Again
  7. brrr
  8. Heaven's Not an Option
  9. Claws
  10. Castle in the Sky
  11. Minute
  12. Thousand Pieces
  13. When We Were Young with David Guetta; deluxe edition bonus track
  14. BAIT / Valhalla with BANKS; deluxe edition bonus track
  15. Alone (Remix) [feat. Nicki Minaj] Deluxe edition bonus track
  16. Power A more finalised version; deluxe edition bonus track
  17. Coming with Me with David Guetta; deluxe edition bonus track
  18. If Jesus Was a Rockstar Deluxe edition bonus track
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • YAAASSS 1

Kim Petras - Problématique (1 July 2022). Marketed as her debut album, it drops in summer 2022 before the time the leaks happened instead. In this case, Slut Pop would not exist as for it not to intervene in the album's rollout.

Singles:

1. "The Future Starts Now" (27 August 2021)
  2. "Coconuts" (8 October 2021)
  3. "Hit It From the Back" (26 November 2021)
  4. "Dirty Things" (21 January 2022)
  5. "Born Again" (1 April 2022)
  6. "All She Wants" (3 June 2022)

Tracklist:

1. Problématique
  2. The Future Starts Now
  3. All She Wants (feat. Paris Hilton)
  4. Born Again
  5. Confession
  6. Something About You
  7. Hit It From the Back
  8. Dirty Things
  9. Je T'adore
  10. Revelations
  11. Deeper
  12. Your Time to Cry
  13. Left My Body Deluxe edition bonus track
  14. Coconuts Deluxe edition bonus track
  15. Sex Talk Deluxe edition bonus track
  16. Love Ya Leave Ya Deluxe edition bonus track
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Kim Petras - Feed the Beast (23 June 2023). I really like the artwork so I'm not changing it, but it would be cool to have deluxe and vinyl variants with the other shots from the photoshoot. One of her best album photoshoots if you ask me.

In a perfect world, the album gets a more cohesive era and tracklist, more single releases, and the Problématique songs are released in their originating album to make more space for songs in this one. It's also marketed as her second album after Problématique gets a proper era in 2022 instead.

Singles:

1. "Alone" (10 March 2023; a remix with Nicki Minaj drops two weeks later as a promo single)

Tracklist:

1. Feed the Beast
  2. Alone This edit I did - it omits Nicki's verse, replaces it with Kim's verse from the extended, and includes the outro of the DallasK remix
  3. King of Hearts
  4. uhoh
  5. Lolita
  6. Try Again
  7. brrr
  9. Claws
  10. Castle in the Sky
  11. Minute
  12. Thousand Pieces

thanks for resharing ur edit of alone! 

• YAAASSS 1

Posted (edited)

Double Dutchess by Fergie (2017)
Picsart-24-07-08-17-46-33-583.jpg

cover by angyl
Tracklist

Spoiler

1. Hungry (feat. Rick Ross)
2. Like It Ain't Nothing
3. Interlude (interlude from YAK Album Version)
4. Just Like You
5. Clones
6. Like Dat (feat. Major Lazer & Iggy Azalea)
7. M.I.L.F. $
8. You Already Know (feat. Nicki Minaj) (Single Edit)
9. Tension
10. Kleopatra
11. Diddy Zone
12. L.A. Love (feat. YG)
13. Love Is Blind (Video Edit)
14. Save It Til Morning
15. A Little Work
16. Love Is Pain (Video Edit)

I finally got around to listening to this album, something I've been meaning to do since the release... 🫠 Anyways, I fucking love it. Even tho it has some more commercial altercations (inclusion of L.A. Love and having songs that chase more tropical pop trends), but I wanted to make a record that mostly focuses on Fergie being the fierce "double dutchess" who is split between vulnerability and fierceness, and when towards the end of the album, her walls come down and she fully embraces her personal side. Anyways let me fix the album rollout

Singles:

L.A. Love (La La) (March 2015) (followed by YG Remix, Ty Dolla $ign Remix, Remix EP)
M.I.L.F. $/Like Dat (May 2016, features Major Laser & Iggy on Like Dat, followed by a YG Remix in July 2016)
You Already Know (November 2016 + Album Announcement)
A Little Work (March 2017)

Album Release: Early June 2017

Edited by Crystal <3
  • Love 1

Ava Max discography. I'd change some things here and there for everything she's released since Sweet but Psycho, beginning with the addition of an early album:

Ava Max - Catching Fire (8 March 2019).

Ava-Max-Catching-Fire-Clean.png

Not an existing album but would be the early version of her debut album, rumoured to have been titled The Exhibitionist (but never confirmed). I guess it would've been a hit anyways due to many of the songs being successful. Includes everything before Kings & Queens, which would then be used as the lead single for Heaven & Hell.

Singles:

1. "Sweet but Psycho" (17 August 2018)
  2. "So Am I" (5 October 2018)
  3. "Torn" (30 November 2018)
  4. "Salt" (8 February 2019)

Tracklist:

1. So Am I
  2. Sweet but Psycho
  3. My Way
  4. Torn
  5. Salt
  6. Freaking Me Out
  7. Blood, Sweat & Tears
  8. Slippin' (feat. Gashi)
  9. Not Your Barbie Girl
  10. Anything I Want
  11. On Somebody
  12. Alone, Pt. II Alan Walker & Ava Max

And then Heaven & Hell (18 September 2020) marketed as her second album, beginning the era with Kings & Queens.

Ei-Kdul-HXc-AAf-QDX.jpg

Singles:

1. "Kings & Queens" (12 March 2020)
  2. "Who's Laughing Now" (7 May 2020)
  3. "Magnets" (4 June 2020)
  4. "My Head & My Heart" (16 July 2020)
  5. "Naked" (3 September 2020)

Tracklist:

1. My Head & My Heart
  2. Kings & Queens
  3. Emotions
  4. Naked
  5. Tattoo
  6. Magnets retitled from OMG What's Happening, and obviously without that horrendous bridge
  7. Call Me Tonight
  8. Born to the Night
  9. Take You to Hell
  10. Who's Laughing Now
  11. Belladonna
  12. Wild Thing
  13. Rumors
  14. Everytime I Cry

Thus, Diamonds & Dancefloors (14 October 2022) would be her third album, and I wouldn't change the tracklist (maybe except for the addition of the currently unleaked One Night and Take It All) or the artwork (the blue one is my favourite) but I'd probably release different singles:

1. "Maybe You're the Problem" (28 April 2022)
  2. "Million Dollar Baby" (2 June 2022)
  3. "Diamonds & Dancefloors" (28 July 2022)
  4. "Dancing's Done" (1 September 2022)
  5. "Cold as Ice" (6 October 2022)
  6. "Weapons" (4 November 2022, post-album)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

14 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

Ava Max discography. I'd change some things here and there for everything she's released since Sweet but Psycho, beginning with the addition of an early album:

Ava Max - Catching Fire (8 March 2019).

Ava-Max-Catching-Fire-Clean.png

Not an existing album but would be the early version of her debut album, rumoured to have been titled The Exhibitionist (but never confirmed). I guess it would've been a hit anyways due to many of the songs being successful. Includes everything before Kings & Queens, which would then be used as the lead single for Heaven & Hell.

Singles:

1. "Sweet but Psycho" (17 August 2018)
  2. "So Am I" (5 October 2018)
  3. "Torn" (30 November 2018)
  4. "Salt" (8 February 2019)

Tracklist:

1. So Am I
  2. Sweet but Psycho
  3. My Way
  4. Torn
  5. Salt
  6. Freaking Me Out
  7. Blood, Sweat & Tears
  8. Slippin' (feat. Gashi)
  9. Not Your Barbie Girl
  10. Anything I Want
  11. On Somebody
  12. Alone, Pt. II Alan Walker & Ava Max

And then Heaven & Hell (18 September 2020) marketed as her second album, beginning the era with Kings & Queens.

Ei-Kdul-HXc-AAf-QDX.jpg

Singles:

1. "Kings & Queens" (12 March 2020)
  2. "Who's Laughing Now" (7 May 2020)
  3. "Magnets" (4 June 2020)
  4. "My Head & My Heart" (16 July 2020)
  5. "Naked" (3 September 2020)

Tracklist:

1. My Head & My Heart
  2. Kings & Queens
  3. Emotions
  4. Naked
  5. Tattoo
  6. Magnets retitled from OMG What's Happening, and obviously without that horrendous bridge
  7. Call Me Tonight
  8. Born to the Night
  9. Take You to Hell
  10. Who's Laughing Now
  11. Belladonna
  12. Wild Thing
  13. Rumors
  14. Everytime I Cry

Thus, Diamonds & Dancefloors (14 October 2022) would be her third album, and I wouldn't change the tracklist (maybe except for the addition of the currently unleaked One Night and Take It All) or the artwork (the blue one is my favourite) but I'd probably release different singles:

1. "Maybe You're the Problem" (28 April 2022)
  2. "Million Dollar Baby" (2 June 2022)
  3. "Diamonds & Dancefloors" (28 July 2022)
  4. "Dancing's Done" (1 September 2022)
  5. "Cold as Ice" (6 October 2022)
  6. "Weapons" (4 November 2022, post-album)

THIS is what her eras should have fucking been. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2024 at 9:21 PM, Ice Prince said:

Singles:

Tracklist:

1. Feed the Beast
  3. King of Hearts
  4. uhoh
  5. Lolita
  6. Try Again
  7. brrr
  9. Claws
  10. Castle in the Sky
  11. Minute
  12. Thousand Pieces

Somehow I don't think I'd heard Valhalla, Power or Coming With Me before! Valhalla is an interesting track but Coming With Me is a little generic to me. I can't even find Power online anymore so I wonder if she's sold it to someone 👀 I love your tracklist as usual!

On 7/9/2024 at 5:12 PM, Crystal &lt;3 said:

Double Dutchess by Fergie (2017)
Picsart-24-07-08-17-46-33-583.jpg

cover by angyl
Tracklist

Hide contents

1. Hungry (feat. Rick Ross)
2. Like It Ain't Nothing
3. Interlude (interlude from YAK Album Version)
4. Just Like You
5. Clones
6. Like Dat (feat. Major Lazer & Iggy Azalea)
7. M.I.L.F. $
8. You Already Know (feat. Nicki Minaj) (Single Edit)
9. Tension
10. Kleopatra
11. Diddy Zone
12. L.A. Love (feat. YG)
13. Love Is Blind (Video Edit)
14. Save It Til Morning
15. A Little Work
16. Love Is Pain (Video Edit)

I finally got around to listening to this album, something I've been meaning to do since the release... 🫠 Anyways, I fucking love it. Even tho it has some more commercial altercations (inclusion of L.A. Love and having songs that chase more tropical pop trends), but I wanted to make a record that mostly focuses on Fergie being the fierce "double dutchess" who is split between vulnerability and fierceness, and when towards the end of the album, her walls come down and she fully embraces her personal side. Anyways let me fix the album rollout

Singles:

L.A. Love (La La) (March 2015) (followed by YG Remix, Ty Dolla $ign Remix, Remix EP)
M.I.L.F. $/Like Dat (May 2016, features Major Laser & Iggy on Like Dat, followed by a YG Remix in July 2016)
You Already Know (November 2016 + Album Announcement)
A Little Work (March 2017)

Album Release: Early June 2017

This album was pretty decent but the rollout was suuuuuch a mess. The singles were way too spaced out and some of the best tracks were bonus tracks or unreleased. Your reorganisation was much needed!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Somehow I don't think I'd heard Valhalla, Power or Coming With Me before! Valhalla is an interesting track but Coming With Me is a little generic to me. I can't even find Power online anymore so I wonder if she's sold it to someone 👀 I love your tracklist as usual!

This album was pretty decent but the rollout was suuuuuch a mess. The singles were way too spaced out and some of the best tracks were bonus tracks or unreleased. Your reorganisation was much needed!

ty!

MARINA - LOVE + FEAR (26 April 2019)

marina-love-and-fear-moonchild-cover.jpg

This version would be very different from what was released. It's less divided by 'chapters' or 'sides', and it rather encompasses both concepts to sort of tell a story. Shortened to 12 tracks, with 4 deluxe bonus tracks and 2 extra Target/Japanese deluxe tracks as well (her collaborations with Clean Bandit), plus a better singles selection.

Singles:

1. "Handmade Heaven" (18 January 2019)
  2. "Please Don't Call Me" (15 February 2019)
  3. "Believe in Love" (22 March 2019)
  4. "Karma" (19 April 2019)
  5. "End of the Earth" (24 May 2019, post-album)
  6. "True" (21 June 2019; post-album)

Tracklist:

1. Believe in Love
  2. Emotional Machine
  3. You
  4. Karma
  5. Please Don't Call Me
  6. Demons + Angels
  7. Water Under the Bridge
  8. Handmade Heaven
  9. The Art of Letting Go
  10. Too Afraid