Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Omg the revamped SGGH sounds AMAZING 😭 Also Wild Card? Outlaw?? Dashboard sounds fucking amazing??? I hope all five songs make it honestly, why waste the material if it’s all ready to go? Tho I’m not a big fan of Sexin’ U. I would love to get a mastered version of Hitman. Or maybe Soundtrack To The End, tho SGGH may fill the ballad quota.

Y’all, I can’t believe how Bonnie has been spoiling us this year. I feel so bad for doubting her. Bonnie, if you happen to read this I just want to apologize for anything offensive I may have said. I’m so, so grateful for everything you’ve done for us 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope she decides to include all of them. I'm pretty sure SIGGH will be included since if I remember correctly she couldn't release it on standard edition due to label issues. So if she's bringing it back it means she had to solve those issues, which I personally wouldn't have bothered doing unless I was sure I was gonna put the song out. So yeah I have a feeling she is teasing them and in the end she will include them all. Let's hope ahah!

12 hours ago, Cypher said:

"Wild Heart" has always been one I enjoyed. "Hit Me Up", "Wicked" and "Restless" are also at the top of my list, but I don't think those are being considered for this deluxe. :'( 

I love all of these too! I don’t think I ever asked her about Wicked, but I do remember that she said ‘Restless’ and ‘Wild Heart’ were just random songs she did for pitching. 

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

When she started teasing Dashboard by the end of the TikTok video I was thinking it was gonna be Right Now. We didn't think she could include the original American Girl in Hot City, and I believe she once said there were issues with getting Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt because she sold it but now that one is going to be in the deluxe, so it wouldn't be too shocking if she got permission to use Right Now. Maybe we should have bothered her more about that one. But I'm happy with SGGH, I always thought that was one of the essential songs of the Epic album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, napoleon said:

When she started teasing Dashboard by the end of the TikTok video I was thinking it was gonna be Right Now. We didn't think she could include the original American Girl in Hot City, and I believe she once said there were issues with getting Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt because she sold it but now that one is going to be in the deluxe, so it wouldn't be too shocking if she got permission to use Right Now. Maybe we should have bothered her more about that one. But I'm happy with SGGH, I always thought that was one of the essential songs of the Epic album.

It would be nice to get Right Now but iirc she alluded to the song not being released due to Puke's involvement in it. I may be wrong but I kinda recall that being mentioned in an interview or something recently-ish. It would be nice for her to do a new version completely apart from Puke but I doubt it'd happen.

1 hour ago, FallingStar said:

Also I wonder if, since next year is Bombastic's 10 anniversary, she could maybe release more unreleased songs from that era and turn that Ep into a full album? That would be amazing!

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING! I was thinking about it the other day. Even if not a full album, she could chunk I Get What I Want, Modern Girl, Always on My Mind and Wings to make it a sort of mini-album. Wild Heart is a must too, and Restless and Catching Feelings are bops as well... She was shining through and through during the Bombastic sessions.

Bonnie, what do you say?

Bombastic (10th Anniversary Edition)

1. Restless
  2. Bombastic
  3. Good Day for Love
  4. Wild Heart
  5. I Want It All
  6. Catching Feelings
  7. I Get What I Want
  8. Modern Girl
  9. Wasted Youth
  10. Easy
  11. Always on My Mind
  12. Wings
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, napoleon said:

Right Now

This was composed by Dr. Luke, Cirkut, and Max Martin. She can't afford Greg Kurstin, which is originally why SGGH was scrapped, so she definitely can't afford any of those three. (This is also why she said she scrapped it.)

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 10:22 AM, izzzyyy said:

This was composed by Dr. Luke, Cirkut, and Max Martin. She can't afford Greg Kurstin, which is originally why SGGH was scrapped, so she definitely can't afford any of those three. (This is also why she said she scrapped it.)

She can afford it, the woman is rich. I just don't think it's worth it for her to pay a boatload of money to get a random song back, when that $$ is prob better suited going towards funding her career, tour, merch, etc.

Edited by sunlightzone
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sunlightzone said:

She can afford it, the woman is rich. I just don't think it's worth it for her to pay a boatload of money to get a random song back, when that $$ is prob better suited going towards funding her career, tour, merch, etc.

Rich?? She is definitely NOT rich. She might be well-off, and she has a nice house, but most of that was bought with the teenage dream money. (Of which she gets no profits from anymore because she sold her catalogue.) There's clips of her saying she can't afford Greg Kurstin, and also that she can't afford Right Now.

• Like 2