Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh I've only watched the Jenny and DGMGF mvs (no shade, I'm just not a mv person I guess) but the teasers for all her videos of the era have been amazing  I absolutely loved Jenny so I need to binge watch them all back to back!

LOVE the new "Forever 21" video - so fun and camp and UGH the way she reveals the hidden meanings behind the songs. Something so silly and fun takes this serious kinda turn, ugh she is so good at that.

Also obsessed with "Stud Muffin" getting its rightful acclaim here. Yeah Quest Bars hired her to write a jingle for their new blueberry muffin flavoured protein bar and she wrote a legit SMASH hit instead and then filmed a flawless Grease-inspired video? So legendary. One of the back-up dancers is so hot too haha, I meticulously tracked him down and followed him on IG. The way she drops in the bar and the brand name in the lyrics is so good haha. "I've been on a quest, I only want the best" and the "You're like a quest bar cause you've got the key to give me energy" legendary queen shit.

Edited by Popsicle Orange
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, konnichiwalski said:

Someone (I assume one of you) asked her about it and by her response I don't think she has any control over it, but one can always hope her team get in contact with the label to sort it out

imagem-2024-07-12-204150454.png

I just love her response to this lmao I love how she agrees with us 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • LMAO 1

1 hour ago, Kesha Slays said:

I just love her response to this lmao I love how she agrees with us 

maybe they would if someone asked?? the albums owned by reprise records which is from warner music group maybe she or someone could dm them. yeah i’m surprised they changed the cover i like the original

DE083DE5-DA5E-4F89-BB0C-9F82E5952DE5.jpeg

Edited by thetaco
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, thetaco said:

maybe they would if someone asked?? the albums owned by reprise records which is from warner music group maybe she or someone could dm them. yeah i’m surprised they changed the cover i like the original

DE083DE5-DA5E-4F89-BB0C-9F82E5952DE5.jpeg

I at least want this in true HQ. Who do we talk to get this? Do we know the photographer?

• YAAASSS 1

3 hours ago, Pantomime said:

I at least want this in true HQ. Who do we talk to get this? Do we know the photographer?

One of the photographers who did the cover died almost 19 years ago and she second one credited on the booklet still has a 2000’d website in flash so :cackle:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

So we can all agree that streaming Bonnie's album is a better decision than streaming Katy Floppy's new single yeah?

I’ll stream what I like thanks. It pays literally a cent per stream, so anyone getting their panties in a twist can cry about it. I’ll stream Katy’s new album, Kim Petras, Nicki Minaj, or whoever the fuck I want to…. 😆 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

4 hours ago, Pantomime said:

I have no idea lol. That quality looks pretty good to me already I hope she or someone can get Reprise Records from Warner to change it. It would go well with Hot City’s fun artwork vibes in her discography page