Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'm more excited for the second album she promised than for an extended version of Hot City. I'm scared that Bonnie feels like too much time has passed, that those songs aren't current anymore, and decides to shelve it. Hopefully we get both.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, napoleon said:

Honestly I'm more excited for the second album she promised than for an extended version of Hot City. I'm scared that Bonnie feels like too much time has passed, that those songs aren't current anymore, and decides to shelve it. Hopefully we get both.

She’s been talking about that album on basically every HC era interview, so it’s safe to assume that it’s coming. Tracks such as Stars In Your Heart and Worst In Me are 16 years old and they still made the cut, so 5 years is kinda nothing.:hottie:

I have a theory that she may modify it a little bit from the 2019-2020 form,  re-produce some stuff to make it sound more “maximalistic pop” (but just with darker lyrics) cause it became her signature sound. 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, Jennys Girlfriend said:

My friend just did an xXx-tra long and sweetened edit of DGMGF and it absolutely GIVES, including some crazy new high notes. If you loved the extended and still want more... get your life. 

Do you think you could share a download link?? 

On 6/27/2024 at 8:07 AM, napoleon said:

I'm scared that Bonnie feels like too much time has passed, that those songs aren't current anymore, and decides to shelve it.

She's not going to shelve an ENTIRE album she's been working on for years, and is still writing for. You're not going to get it right after she just released a full album. Quit fear-mongering. 

2 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

She's not going to shelve an ENTIRE album she's been working on for years, and is still writing for. You're not going to get it right after she just released a full album. Quit fear-mongering. 

I'm sorry if it sounded like that, it wasn't my intention. I just wanted to bring up the other album because I think it's not mentioned enough, because I love her newer material just as much as I love the Hot City-era songs.

I bought a copy of Hot City on iTunes, I have streamed the album over 1,100 times with my Spotify Premium account since it came out a little over a month ago (in addition to over 1,500 streams on the 4 singles released before, according to Stats.fm), so I'm a real Bonnie supporter. It wasn't my intention to bring any negativity to the thread. And I will continue to support her no matter what she decides to release next. I love you, Bonnie ❤️

• Love 3
  • YAAASSS 1

8 hours ago, napoleon said:

I'm sorry if it sounded like that, it wasn't my intention. I just wanted to bring up the other album because I think it's not mentioned enough, because I love her newer material just as much as I love the Hot City-era songs.

I bought a copy of Hot City on iTunes, I have streamed the album over 1,100 times with my Spotify Premium account since it came out a little over a month ago (in addition to over 1,500 streams on the 4 singles released before, according to Stats.fm), so I'm a real Bonnie supporter. It wasn't my intention to bring any negativity to the thread. And I will continue to support her no matter what she decides to release next. I love you, Bonnie ❤️

girl calm down this isn’t american idol there’s no pitchforks coming at u