Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

3 hours ago, Cornelia said:

Not Hot City related buuuut, why was Modern Girl never released? I remember watching Insatiable and it being played there, wondering why it was not on Streaming. Lowkey would love it for a Deluxe / Side B, since it fits the whole Hot City Vibe.

I fear Bonnie can’t release this either, because Netflix owns the rights to it.

• WTF 2

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really wanna chat to her but she’s so busy now! i should have commented on the reddit thread. hopefully she will start replying again after these shows.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gordonna said:

Y’all my lil Bonnie video hit 150 views 🥺👉👈 I know that’s not crazy or anything but I’ve never done anything like that so I’m really proud lol

Can you make weekly recaps of the Music Trading Thread? I never check that thread, but I would totally tune into a witty and sarcastic weekly recap of the messy drama that comes from that thread. :cackle:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Do you guys hear any differences between the Hot City version of Sleepwalker and the one she released in 2018? Someone on ATRL said there’s some differences in the mastering but I can’t hear anything. 

Yeah, the version on the album is closer to the OG mix from the video/soundcloud. The mix from 2018 is a bit different, a detail that I can remember from the top of my head rn is the "ah ah" right before the second verse, it's kinda mute on the album/og version, but it's super clear on the 2018 single version.

Edited by konnichiwalski
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, konnichiwalski said:

Yeah, the version on the album is closer to the OG mix from the video/soundcloud. The mix from 2018 is a bit different, a detail that I can remember from the top of my head rn is the "ah ah" right before the second verse, it's kinda mute on the album/og version, but it's super clear on the 2018 single version.

Which one do you think is better? I’m not really a fan of Sleepwalker in general, do you think I’d prefer the 2018 version more?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Do you guys hear any differences between the Hot City version of Sleepwalker and the one she released in 2018? Someone on ATRL said there’s some differences in the mastering but I can’t hear anything. 

As far as I can remember, the biggest difference is that the 2018 release has boosted bass… it was a trend in mixing at the time 

Edited by Lucas M

Posted (edited)

don’t get mad get famous (new version) and slay are up on top 5 now. knocking out bombastic and i want it all remix 

btw in your opinion. what would you guys have done different to make bonnie’s second single smash in 2013 after american girl kinda flopped 

C4AA3512-F7F6-4F11-9143-646B53344A45.jpeg

Edited by thetaco
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Which one do you think is better? I’m not really a fan of Sleepwalker in general, do you think I’d prefer the 2018 version more?

I personally like the 2018 mix better, as Lucas mentioned the bass is a bit heavier on the mix.

• YAAASSS 1