Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I mean some of the complaints I get but others feel like grasping at straws. She didn’t starkly change anything other than I Wanna Call You 😭 😭 and maybe Rewind Your Heart if you count the outro being removed. 

• Like 3

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

- I don’t care what anyone says, Max Martin’s involvement is so obvious on the OG version of Everything But You. I can’t believe people on here believe he wasn’t involved with this track at all, especially since the released version is serving 1989 (Taylor’s Version) realness 💀 (and just so we’re perfectly clear, that’s a bad thing.)

I have no idea about the second "mix" that leaked, but I told you already that the version of the first demo that leaked was produced by Jocko. Max Martin is credited as a WRITER, but not a producer. (And because Spotify messed up the writers of the song, he wasn't there for a while, so I was very confused.)

Screen Shot 2024-06-02 at 1.34.20 PM.png

Edited by izzzyyy

Posted (edited)

every single album that gets released with different mastering always has half the audience just complaining about the version that came out

taylor’s rerecords criticism was for a good reason 1989 tv literally had interference, and trouble, sparks fly and we are never are missing make it or break it elements

Edited by thetaco

31 minutes ago, izzzyyy said:

I mean some of the complaints I get but others feel like grasping at straws. She didn’t starkly change anything other than I Wanna Call You 😭 😭 and maybe Rewind Your Heart if you count the outro being removed. 

I have to agree, this album is fabulous; to me, it’s near-perfect. Yes, even the lyrical and production changes. My only complaints are extremely minute/nit-picky:

• The verses for I Wanna Call You could’ve used some additional touches (they are a bit simple) but at the same time, the song itself is very juvenile and always has been, so it also kind of works. The chorus production is great and makes up for my small gripes.
  • Rewind Your Heart could do with some additional harmonies in the second verse to spice things up (since the backing melody is very simple).
  • Rewind Your Heart could also use some additional ad libs or belts in the final chorus.

These are all subjective, and NONE of them make a big impact on me. Also, Snatched is great and I think it actually fits the album well, which I guess makes me an outlier lol.

It actually makes me sad that so many in this thread don’t like Snatched. The song is clearly a little “I love you” to all of the gays that hyped her up on TikTok and Insta for years to release this album. Seeing it get trashed is like watching a child get a Christmas present from their mom that they didn’t want. 😭 It pains me. I hope Snatched grows on the girlies over time, I think it’s great.

• LMAO 1

Just now, gordonna said:

I have to agree, this album is fabulous; to me, it’s near-perfect. Yes, even the lyrical and production changes. My only complaints are extremely minute/nit-picky:

• The verses for I Wanna Call You could’ve used some additional touches (they are a bit simple) but at the same time, the song itself is very juvenile and always has been, so it also kind of works. The chorus production is great and makes up for my small gripes.
  • Rewind Your Heart could do with some additional harmonies in the second verse to spice things up (since the backing melody is very simple).
  • Rewind Your Heart could also use some additional ad libs or belts in the final chorus.

These are all subjective, and NONE of them make a big impact on me. Also, Snatched is great and I think it actually fits the album well, which I guess makes me an outlier lol.

It actually makes me sad that so many in this thread don’t like Snatched. The song is clearly a little “I love you” to all of the gays that hyped her up on TikTok and Insta for years to release this album. Seeing it get trashed is like watching a child get a Christmas present from their mom that they didn’t want. 😭 It pains me. I hope Snatched grows on the girlies over time, I think it’s great.

i don’t know about you but liking guys while being a guy doesn’t mean i automatically am obsessed with a song named snatch featuring a drag queen from a show i’ve never even seen. it just simply means i like guys appearance

Posted (edited)

I don't like Snatched, actually I've liked it less and less with every play, but I'm not going to complain further about it because we literally have what we asked for a whole ass decade.

1 hour ago, gordonna said:

Sorry babes, I don't mean no shade to Bonnie at all. I self proclaim as one of the gays who were always here hyping her up and hoping for new music - but we actually got the tracks! In my humble opinion, all other 15 tracks are superior to Snatched, production-wise, lyrically, vocally, melodically... I just prefer them over Snatched, that's it. No bad intentions behind it tbh, it's not like I won't support her anymore or anything. It's just one song. All my faves have at least one song I don't like from their catalogs - Snatched is Bonnie's for me.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I don't like Snatched, actually I've liked it less and less with every play, but I'm not going to complain further about it because we literally have what we asked for a whole ass decade.

Sorry babes, I don't mean no shade to Bonnie at all. I self proclaim as one of the gays who were always here hyping her up and hoping for new music - but we actually got the tracks! In my humble opinion, all other 15 tracks are superior to Snatched, production-wise, lyrically, vocally, melodically... I just prefer them over Snatched, that's it. No bad intentions behind it tbh, it's not like I won't support her anymore or anything. It's just one song. All my faves have at least one song I don't like from their catalogs - Snatched is Bonnie's for me.

That’s totally fair! It’s not my fave by any means, there are just so many other bops. I’d probably only put it above Just a Kiss, but that’s because I’m not a big ballad person.

11 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

preach! I don’t like Snatched but that’s kinda bound to happen with at least one song.

• Like 2

Hot City album streams on Spotify so far:

DGMGF - 18 487

Hot City - 710 828

Jenny's Got A Boyfriend - 114 155

Show You Mine - 13 207

I Wanna Call You - 11 737

American Girl - 22 222 583

Forever 21 - 13 156 

Slay - 644 153

Electric Heaven - 11 593

Worst in Me - 8345

Snatched - 10 019

Sleepwalker -  1 250 160

Just a Kiss - 6044

Rewind Your Heart - 7671 

Everything but You - 6620

Stars In Your Heart - 236 624

Total streams: 25,285,382

It's doing okay considering the fact she has 0 playlisting (except that one for Electric Heaven). By the end of the month every track should have at least 70-100k streams:wink:

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

Posted (edited)

Made my friend listen to the Album and her favorites were... Show You Mine, Jenny, Snatched, I Wanna Call You, Slay, Electric Heaven and American Girl. She also loved Just a Kiss and how different it was from the Album. Her least favorite was Stars in Your Heart (and even that received a 3/5). The Result of the listening: she became a BonBon! 

Edited by Cornelia
  • YAAASSS 1