Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to happen mistress excitation gif glasses laughing pedestal gallery  Baleen whale

ANYWAYS, Soundtrack to the End, Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt and Love Spell are the best outtakes from the album by miles. If and only IF the deluxe materialises (the album is long enough in standard form) I'd absolutely LOVE them being included. All three showcase Bonnie's vocals perfectly, as opposite to, say, Wild Card :cackle: 

Outlaw and Last Call Lover are good outtakes too though.

• Like 1

Oh, Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt… I’ll always feel a pang of sadness whenever I think of that song. I’m grateful we have the final version in lossless format, but it hurts knowing it was supposed to be a part of the original album and it ultimately couldn’t be released.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

i’m still confused how she got the license to the original studio sessions of stars and sleepwalker in 2016 and 2018. epic was the one who released sleepwalker’s video in 2013 and filmed stars video.

also american girl being included was that like expensive as fuck or something? we now have a single for it owned by epic and kemosabe + an upload on the album owned just by her. if bonnie owned both now it would’ve updated the text underneath. what is the logic in this difference licensing between being played via the single or the album

Edited by thetaco

2 hours ago, thetaco said:

i’m still confused how she got the license to the original studio sessions of stars and sleepwalker in 2016 and 2018. epic was the one who released sleepwalker’s video in 2013 and filmed stars video.

I think it's because she paid for those songs and videos herself, so she was able to walk away with them.

• Like 2

Regarding the deluxe - If Bonnie is still reading here: make. it. happen. 

Hot City is sooo good. It's more than I wished for. 

Someone wrote, that she could release the deluxe sometimes near the tour. That's a great idea! 

The designer could change the cover from sunset to night. What do we think? The song I would like to see the most on a potential deluxe would be (SGGH rip, queen) Hit Me Up!

• Like 4