Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, thetaco said:

i just pray she does not replace the deluxe with a new artwork. just use the old one again i don't like the deluxe artworks i been seeing for artists recently i don't like guts spilled, poster girl summer edition, pink friday 2 gag city (original is way better) or even teenage dream complete confection tbh

This. The artwork is too good to be replaced. 

Instead of the deluxe version a surprise release of "Hot City Volume II" with like 6-8 tracks would be nice, with songs such: 

Stay Lonely, Get Paid (I know this one is 2019, but it fits perfectly with the HC vibe), Love Spell, Wild Card, Soundtrack to the End, Unlock Your Love, Outlaw, Hitman or even Restless (this one is not Epic as well, but since people somehow love it, why not include it). :yaskween:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TakeYouToHell said:

According to her Reddit's AMA she considers two options:

- releasing a Hot City deluxe

- putting some songs that didn't make to Hot City on BM3 (coming next year)

Another really interesting tidbit from the AMA: she only did 2 songs with Luke and Max for her album, one obviously being Right Now. Which makes the inclusion of MM on Everything But You even more confusing lmao

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thetaco said:

maybe what's it gonna take, hitman, mirage, outlaw or wild card like that whiteboard said? or epic will randomly eventually let her use somebody's gonna get hurt, let love hurt or right now after seeing her smashing success #1 album for 20 weeks (it could happen)

i just pray she does not replace the deluxe with a new artwork. just use the old one again i don't like the deluxe artworks i been seeing for artists recently i don't like guts spilled, poster girl summer edition, pink friday 2 gag city (original is way better) or even teenage dream complete confection tbh

F45682CA-1FB0-4719-8170-A7501B8726F4.jpeg

Ditto on the album cover comment. When I was editing my Bonnie video and had to put in the complete confection artwork version of Teenage Dream I was like “ew, that’s right, what the hell is this” 💀

This discussion about a potential deluxe version is very compelling. She definitely needs to put out Love Spell; what a SONG. I’m also morbidly curious about this alleged second Dr. Luke song she mentioned in the r/popheads AMA…

Posted (edited)

well more importantly tbh. hot city isn’t appearing as an album on apple music only it’s all the way under compilations. don’t want people to miss it. (apple does this for tons of artists like cheryl, kelly rowland and natasha bedingfield, it’s so dumb)

F049C41F-9865-4D71-80BD-A140EE25E01F.jpeg

Edited by thetaco

2 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Had the record on repeat all day! I’m so proud of her giving this project the CPR it deserved, Show You Mine, Just a Kiss, Forever 21, Sleepwalker & Jenny are current favorites. I’m interested to see the direction she goes with her follow up next year! After giving the world so many classic pop staples she deserves her moment. Cheers Bonnie!

Love this list! These are probably my favorites as well + Electric Heaven and Rewind Your Heart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thetaco said:

well more importantly tbh. hot city isn’t appearing as an album on apple music only it’s all the way under compilations. don’t want people to miss it. (apple does this for tons of artists like cheryl, hilary duff and natasha bedingfield, it’s so dumb)

F049C41F-9865-4D71-80BD-A140EE25E01F.jpeg

iirc it's something with the distribution tool/system (like CDBaby, DistroKid, etc - I don't know which system she uses). something in the way the album is uploaded - probably because it includes songs previously released (American Girl, Sleepwalker, Stars in Your Heart and the 4 pre-release singles had all been uploaded separately) so probably the database considered it a compilation instead. there must be a way to fix that but tbh i don't know with certainty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, konnichiwalski said:

Another really interesting tidbit from the AMA: she only did 2 songs with Luke and Max for her album, one obviously being Right Now. Which makes the inclusion of MM on Everything But You even more confusing lmao

I think what she means is like ACTUAL writing sessions. Because if Max actually is on EBY (and it wasn’t an error in the registration), then he probably only revised something in the production. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

If a deluxe happens, I'd love to see Wild Card, Outlaw, Electric, Terminate Em 😭<3 this is like our independence day or smthn

btw Electric is actually called ‘What’s Your Sign,’ and is from mid-2010. Though it’s still Hot City sessions technically. Ditto on Outlaw tho!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, konnichiwalski said:

I'm curious to what she would include on a deluxe other than Love Spell, which is an obvious one.

Soundtrack To The End! Also, she plans to release Hitman at some point, but she never told me for what.

45C6C788-4549-48CB-8651-101460295E75.jpeg

• Like 3

We need to start creating a "coming soon" list.

• Hallelujah (via Reddit)
  • Hitman (via Reddit)
  • Love Spell (via DGM Live)
  • Outlaw (via DGM Live)

What else needs to be added given the recent communication?

5 minutes ago, Cypher said:

We need to start creating a "coming soon" list.

• Hallelujah
  • Hitman

What else needs to be added given the recent communication?

I think Soundtrack To The End and Love Spell are fair bets, but I feel like Love Spell will FOR sure be released. In an article it mentioned it like it was on the album.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, konnichiwalski said:

I was reading through that AMA too and I noticed she made a comment about how EBY was so hard to re-record because it had a ton of vocal stacks, which gave me huge Max Martin teas. So if he was involved with the original version of the song he probably had something to do with the vocal production. 

• Like 3