Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side, literally everything is incredible and I'm so happy I could cry because I finally heard all of them.

However, I Wanna Call You sounds like a karaoke instrumental, and it's botched to high hell. It's not demo-itis either, it's completely different.

• Like 2

Just now, izzzyyy said:

On the bright side, literally everything is incredible and I'm so happy I could cry because I finally heard all of them.

However, I Wanna Call You sounds like a karaoke instrumental, and it's botched to high hell. It's not demo-itis either, it's completely different.

It’s like Kidz Bop, how did he SMASH Jenny’s production & then do what he did to Call You & Rewind + (I’m assuming) the mastering of the entire record?

• Like 2

I can’t stop replaying Jenny’s Got a Boyfriend and title track. Maybe I’m basic but these are perfect up tempo pure bops. I need to get acquainted over time with the other tracks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, gordonna said:

Also, do y'all have a companion EP/tracklist separate from the album? 👀I'm keeping the album itself as-is so I can enjoy it as its own project.

This is mine, I think it flows pretty well. If Right Now ever leaks, it'll go after Waking Up Diagonal. And Outlaw and Mirage just BELONG together on the same record, they are like spiritually related to me. The yin and yang of pop songs with a Western pastiche. I hope if she ever rerecords them that they come as a package.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 212903.png

This is cute af

Once i get my hot city files im gonna reorganise into this and sessions

Edited by Crystal <3
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Ok now hear me out: I know hot city has only just dropped but I feel as if this album will one day be looked up to as one of the biggest pop music phenomenons.

Ik it sounds like a reach but name another artist other than Bonnie who fought her arse off to release an album scrapped ages ago. I don't know many. But Bonnie needs a medal of honour for this bc she battled to release her art. That's insane dedication and it proves how meaningful the music is to her.

It took her 20 years to release a sophmore record. She didn't give up. That's something to admire. Anyways stream Hot City! Big day for gays.

Edited by Crystal <3
  • Like 2