Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Show You Mine is the true highlight when it comes to Hot City's new songs! TRUE BANGER!

Bought the album in extra HQ on Qobuz and can't wait to buy the CD by the way. This whole release is (electric) heaven.

Edited by K.K. Zeno
  • Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TakeYouToHell said:

Why do I feel like Show You Mine would've been way better single choice in 2014 than SLAY?:detective:

Because it's a hit and literally one of her best tracks. I'm obsessed. I enjoy SLAY but Show You Mine is a way punchier ear candy.

Edited by K.K. Zeno
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, konnichiwalski said:

Let me mirror something that I commented on another forum about my feelings hearing this album: how the hell did her then-label got all theses songs from her and thought there wasn't a hit on the record? Truly baffling. I completely understand why she was so heartbroken about shelving all of those songs.

Exactly! Literally they could throw 90% of these songs as singles and they all would gain traction with the proper promotion. They just didn't appreciate her art, which is an absolute crime to do.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Okay after a couple listens, these are my top 5:

1. Just a Kiss
  2. Electric Heaven
  3. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  4. Worst in Me
  5. Everything but You

honorable mention to Show Me Your Love, Forever 21 and Rewind Your Heart. if Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt had made it, it would be top 5 as well - we'll always love you SGGH <3 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Back in 2014, Bonnie didn't have Show You Mine finished, so I'm not surprised it wasn't a single back then. She only brought it back for the same reason she did Don't Get Mad Get Famous, because with the re-recordings she could finish them. That's why I'm kinda glad this took so long because it would've been a lot different if she had used the vocals she recorded from 2011-2014.

Source:image.png

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, izzzyyy said:

Back in 2014, Bonnie didn't have Show You Mine finished, so I'm not surprised it wasn't a single back then. She only brought it back for the same reason she did Don't Get Mad Get Famous, because with the re-recordings she could finish them. That's why I'm kinda glad this took so long because it would've been a lot different. 

Source:image.png

I forgot about this! Now I cannot imagine the album without SMYL, so it's ultimately amazing it took this long for the album to be released... so good things indeed come for those who wait :yaskween: 

• Like 2