Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Posted (edited)

I can't believe it's finally happening! I remember when SLAY leaked in November 2021 and what followed it was months of this thread celebrating every leak, every demo and every final version.... and here we are! :yeah:

Edited by Peter Parker
  • Like 3

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

I can't believe it's finally happening! I remember when SLAY leaked in November 2021 and what followed it was months of this thread celebrating every leak, every demo and every final version.... and here we are! :yeah:

Ugh, this was such a fun time. It’s like every day we woke up there was a new Bonnie leak. It’s hard to believe that’s where we started and now we’re hours away from streaming/purchasing the album. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, konnichiwalski said:

The new Everything But You is incredible what are y'all talking about :yaskween:

I was just about to say this... ofc the old one is nostalgic but this new one is not as terrible as this forum is making it sound. The production matches the vibe.

Now Snatched... where did she come from? LMAO I like it but sonically we could have left this for the next project! Without it this is a 10/10 for me. SHOW YOU MINE SUPREMECY!

5 hours ago, cmiley said:

With dbree making the old downloads unavailable, I need some of the demos from this album including:

Jenny’s Got A Boyfriend
Slay
Electric Heaven
Worst In Me (2008 and 2012 versions)
Just A Kiss

Also need Calling All Cars

P.S. why include songs like American Girl, Sleepwalker & Stars In Your Heart when they weren’t even reworked for the album and were released prior? Hasta La Vista, Hit Me Up, Outlaw, Wild Card, Waking Up Diagonal, What’s It Gonna Take & Last Call Lover would’ve been better choices. Maybe a deluxe? Also hoping for physical releases soon (CD & Vinyl).

just a kiss demo did not leak

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Did she confirm this anywhere?

she doesn’t need to, we have sources. the first demo of everything but you is from a jocko source, and it’s completely devoid of max martin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

The album isn't even out in the US yet and I am absolutely floored how negative some of you have no qualms about being. Why do you have to have such negative HOT TAKES that you bring here to influence other people to not like a song before they have a chance to hear it? Why not sit with the album for awhile? I feel like since this forum is LITERALLY why this album exists (and considering the we know Bonnie is reading), we could focus on what we actually DO like from the album for literally one day omfg.

I can't wait to listen.

oh my god clock it

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thetaco said:

there’s no way three tracks are rerecorded that bad she literally has the original masters on her computer as a reference sheet. is there anywhere to listen early?

some critiques are valid, but some are begging her to go back in time and release them in 2014 atp. the first slay demo is extremely dated, and i still saw people complaining. the released outsell the originals (of the SINGLES, i’m waiting till midnight to hear the album) by miles.

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Listening to the lossless master & the quality/production sound so much better. The mastering is still iffy in spots, but it’s not as jarring as I initially thought. Grateful she invested so much time/energy into this + it’s finally on streaming. Hopefully physicals are announced soon. 

Edit: It’s so interesting hearing this mix of Sleepwalker in hi-res! Just a Kiss is THAT girl, if anyone has the demo DM me

Edited by RedBloodedWoman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

less than two hours until it's out for me! I'm so excited! It's about to be THEE day! 

Spoiler

not taking the EBY or IWCY discussions thaaat seriously, since some people here liked the Jenny Demo more than the released one 💀

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

Posted (edited)

I'll 100% be supporting this release with streams and purchases.

It always throws me off when she changes lyrics though. It happened with SLAY. And now EBY - "My big leopard coat". "I'll be alright.. I know the STARS are on my side" 🫤 Does it make sense? Not feeling it. It just doesn't pack the same punch as the demo, in terms of the lyrics. I feel like the "coz I know time is on my side" line just makes more sense too - I know she changed the SLAY lyrics because she thought that 'gold isn't bright' and didn't make sense. The production feels oversaturated in "pop" too... I kinda liked how her live shows brought that rock edge. (I need the original EBY in WAV)

These are only my initial critiques. I'll be listening multiple times and my opinion may change. So happy for her to finally be releasing albums again though.

I actually liked her revival of DGMGF - I think it's such a funky opener and the collab just kicked it up a notch. Think I'm gonna knock Worst in Me and Snatched off my version as they feel a bit "off" stylistically. I'd have taken Snatched as a Bonus Track tbh.

Edited by lewisbennett1
  • Like 1