Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

1 minute ago, gordonna said:

Y’all are scaring me about Everything but You. Omg. I might stay up til midnight to listen.

it's just a different key tbh. Its not really that bad but the original version is defo better imo but I enjoy both versions

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Just listened to the entire thing, Just a Kiss is insane:o Best non single from the album! I don’t understand the mastering on several tracks, it hurts to hear Everything But You like this-especially next to Stars In Your Heart’s perfection. Electric Heaven is better in the verses, then the mastering in the chorus gets weird. She needs to release the stems & let the fans fix & remix it, several tracks unfortunately feel rushed. I hope she ditches the David guy & works with Oliver + someone new on the follow up. 

Top 5 (excluding American Girl):

Forever 21 (iconic)

Just a Kiss (incredible) 

Jenny (funky)

Sleepwalker (brilliant)

Hot City (hawt)

Skips:

Snatched

DGMGF

8/10 stars, I’m excited for physical copies

Edit: I listened to the lossless master & it’s much more palatable. I think the lyric changes in Everything But You were jarring at first, but I can actually enjoy it in hi-res. I’ll re-access my review later. It’s easy to have demoitis for the originals since we’ve lived with them for so long, I’m truly grateful it’s out & monetized

Edit again: So I’ve been tweaking the hi-res files & the probably really is in the mastering alot of these are actually GREAT. I actually like Worst In Me now! Fixed Electric Heaven too, I’m gonna sit with the record for a bit & re-rate it next week

Edited by RedBloodedWoman
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is the tracklist I’m using, it flows perfectly:

1. American Girl

2: Slay (2020 Version)

3: Forever 21 (Original)

4. Hot City

5. Electric Heaven

6. Sleepwalker (the remastered version she released a few years ago)

7. Show You Mine

8. Just a Kiss

9. Jenny

10. Last Call Lover

11. Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt

12. I Wanna Call You (Original)

13. Rewind (Original)

14. Everything But You (Original)

15. Stars In Your Heart

Edited by RedBloodedWoman
  • YAAASSS 1

3 hours ago, nuclear said:

everything but you is fucked and sounds like a karaoke cover 

I knew it would 😭 No one, and I mean NO ONE, is touching Max Martin’s production powers. If Taylor couldn’t I knew Bonnie wouldn’t be able to either. Lucky the 2013 final version leaked so we can just use that.

Everything else sounds great tho!

1 hour ago, FallingStar said:

Now I was thinking, what if one day she records her own versions/covers of Teenage Dream, Roar, Last Friday Night etc?

I don't think she would ever do it, she didn't even considered touching the songs from this album that ended up with other artists (hit me up, waking up diagonal etc), let alone doing songs that were never hers.

Ugh I can't wait to listen to everything in full

4 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I knew it would 😭 No one, and I mean NO ONE, is touching Max Martin’s production powers. If Taylor couldn’t I knew Bonnie wouldn’t be able to either. Lucky the 2013 final version leaked so we can just use that.

Everything else sounds great tho!

well max did not produce that song.. both demos are jocko & oligee. i think bonnie asked him to rewrite some parts at one point but we don't have that version 

• Like 2