Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Muri said:

I love you Bonnie :yaskween:  to think I had a little hand in this POPJUSTICE

We all have! I remember hearing the songs and thinking that it was such a shame they weren’t out… I’m so proud of Bonnie for her resilience!!!! She did it <3

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Music Xclusive said:

justice for these songs for not making the cut (hopefully they leak):

1. Soundtrack to the End
  2. Right Now

yes puhlease!!! 🥹

and i really hope some youtube reactors would do a album reaction

Edited by Force User

17 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

This is giving retrofuturistic bombastic synthpop main-pop girl bangers-loaded album and I'm here for it! Yeah it lowkey looks AI generated at bits but tbh I dig it. Can't wait for the album already

Not AI at all. I know the person who made it, and they've confirmed it's an image they've used and the effect done on it makes it look this way, but it's not AI generated.

17 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

BITCH BITCH BITCH OMG WTF I'M SCREAMING CRYING THROWING UP WTFFFFF FINALLY!!!!!!!

idk what is Show You Mine but I can't wait for it.

The rest of the tracks OMGGGGG

(I don't like Sophie Powers so might as well just stick to the DGMGF solo version as an intro)

And omg she actually included American Girl?? I thought it was out of the window! Anyways, 16 TRACKS Y'ALL!!!!! And Worst in Me! I need a final of that one. Priyanka in Snatched? I'm interested too...

I'm definitely adding the Moonchild Market super exclusive bonus track Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt tho, it really deserved a spot. Everything else, Electric Heaven, Forever 21, Everything but You, I Wanna Fucking Call You (it's explicit!), Rewind Your Heart, Just a Kiss... album of the year, she's getting album of the year no matter what.

17 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

The cover is NOT ai at all, it's CGI.

It's a photograph manipulated into the background. But it IS a photograph of Bonnie.

2 hours ago, K.K. Zeno said:

From People.com

McKee persevered, continuing to release her own material and write for others, but fans still wanted a taste of Hot City.

"I found a forum that was dedicated to this unreleased album that was 500 pages long that had been going for 10 years," she says. "Every time I've put something out, a single here and there over the years, they've always kept asking for these songs. And I was like, 'I'm going to give the people what they want because I want to put it out, too.'"

As someone who's been waiting for this album's arrival for a decade and who joined this forum because of this exact thread, this feels like true pop fan achievement. Well done guys <3

SLAY!

8 minutes ago, Cypher said:

@Main Pop Girl Are we going to make a Bonnie exclusive banner for release day? :yaskween:

Oh, I am working on it, boo! ❤️

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

4 hours ago, T2P said:

for those saying thank you, an apology wouldn’t hurt as well! :yaskween:

i told y’all! i fought almost every time the forum turned negative in 2022 to try and defend bonnie and stick up for her. i hope she knows she’s always been loved

• Like 3

5 hours ago, T2P said:

for those saying thank you, an apology wouldn’t hurt as well! :yaskween:

I'd like to think Bonnie viewed my past impatience simply as heightened fervor for her artistry. The music has been "coming this year" for basically every year for the past decade lol.

13 hours ago, indigxchild said:

I was really hoping for Love Spell and Soundtrack to the End to be on the album. Love Spell is my second favorite song of hers and I would've loved to hear an updated version (Rewind Your Heart is easily the best song of her career imo.) Also, not me being delusional and thinking Snatched was going to feature Chrissy Chlapecka 💀

I’m that weirdo would would’ve LOVED new versions of Mine & Love Spell. I have a feeling she’ll bring LS back for the album that’s coming after this

Posted (edited)

I used to listen to I Dare You & Rules of Attraction all the time in like 2012 -it’s absolutely insane I ended up a regular listener to her music, I’m super hype she’s getting to release the album she’s deserved for over a decade. I remember seeing American Girl on TV when it initially dropped & then she just disappeared, I’m pretty sure it was around the same time Karmin did crash your party/brokenhearted- it would’ve been cool to see her open for them back then in hindsight now. I loved Bombastic & the Jem & the Holograms look in the video when it dropped, but I was always super casual & very selective ex: “I Want It All” was too dark for me, “California Winter” is a masterpiece. I’m genuinely so excited for this entire album campaign & I want her to see her succeed so bad. I’ll be buying all the physical variations :) 

Edited by RedBloodedWoman
  • Like 4