Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

OH MY GOD FOREVER 21 IS ON ITUNES. IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOD 

The cover is also fire. True Coverlandia vibes as some of you said, and as someone who still switches covers on iTunes it's really the true early 10s experience.

LET'S GO BONNIEEEEE

• Like 3

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.K. Zeno said:

OH MY GOD FOREVER 21 IS ON ITUNES. IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOD 

The cover is also fire. True Coverlandia vibes as some of you said, and as someone who still switches covers on iTunes it's really the true early 10s experience.

LET'S GO BONNIEEEEE

OMGMGMGMMGMGMG

6 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

If she was able to get American Girl on the album I wonder why she couldn’t get Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt? I know I keep harping on about that song but it’s seriously a career highlight and it’ll be sorely missed on here. 

Because she doesn't own the license for SGGH which was supposed to be a promotional single in 2012. But that didn't happen and apprently Bonnie said the license was insanely expensive 

• Sad 1

It’s probably because we’ve lived with them for so long, but I still prefer the original versions of Forever 21, (except parts of the production & the middle) SLAY, & Hot City. It would’ve been so interesting to hear what a 2024 version of SGGH & LCL would sound like, but I guess we'll never know. It also seems like Right Now would fit perfectly on the project, I’m really curious how Worst in Me is gonna tie into this, I’m also curious if Sleepwalker & Stars are gonna be new recordings like American Girl is. Super psyched for Bonnie, this is gonna look gorgeous on vinyl!

Woah! So, the YouTube Playlist was correct and American Girl + Sleepwalker actually are on the Album! Get those Streams, Bonnie!

Since someone pointed out earlier that the Data shows American Girl being from 2013, I think it's actually possible. If it were re-recorded, I think it had to have been mentioned in the title, to distinguish itself from the OG. Maybe there was some sort of agreement with Sony? 

16 Tracks and almost an hour long of music is amazing! Most of them being Singles already will benefit Bonnie, since people have those Songs saved and love them already. This truly ended up being a Visual Album after all, since we have 7/13 Songs with Music Videos / Visualizers. 

The Cover looks amazing, very retro-futuristic. Perfect for summer! 

CAN'T WAIT AHH! 

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It’s probably because we’ve lived with them for so long, but I still prefer the original versions of Forever 21, (except parts of the production & the middle) SLAY, & Hot City. It would’ve been so interesting to hear what a 2024 version of SGGH & LCL would sound like, but I guess we'll never know. It also seems like Right Now would fit perfectly on the project, I’m really curious how Worst in Me is gonna tie into this, I’m also curious if Sleepwalker & Stars are gonna be new recordings like American Girl is. Super psyched for Bonnie, this is gonna look gorgeous on vinyl!

I also prefer the original mix of SLAY, the 2020 mix to be exact. The released version was lowkey butchered imo. I do prefer the new Hot City tho, was never a big fan of the leak. Not really happy with Stars and Sleepwalker being on the album either. I was never a big fan of either of them so I hope she did something different with them. 

Edited by BraveNewSeth
  • Like 1

aaaah i cant believe its finally happening !! 

such a longshot but i dont suppose someone wants to share the Waking Up Diagonal original file now that we know her ver will never come out (and we already have it hq just re-encoded) 💗 👈

Girls, I’m sorry for spamming the thread but I’m floating on cloud 9 right now. We literally have a pre-order/save link for the Epic album and it’s coming out in a little over two weeks. We used to DREAM about times like this. I’m just so, so incredibly grateful that Bonnie is doing this for us. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Guys do we know if CDs are coming?

If so, I want to buy two one to import on iTunes and one to frame and put on the wall.

This will truly be my favorite album ever. Not only from a music point of view, it’s a piece of art representing resilience.

Beyond proud of this woman.

Edited by K.K. Zeno
  • Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

Can't wait to purchase this in every format possible. Already bought it on iTunes but having this artwork on vinyl will be so surreal. Forever 21 sounds fantastic. She's doing a Pride show in Albany, about a 5 hour drive for me, and I cannot wait!!!

• Like 1