Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

3 hours ago, K.K. Zeno said:

OMG I TALKED TO HER DURING HER LIVE! It felt so special I time traveled to my teenage years, she's so kind it's crazy 🧡

This video is legit perfection for the song. It took me back to my days watching MTV. I also can't believe she's doing all of this on her own dime. There are artists with much larger budgets doing way less! Bonnie's giving everything and looking great each step of the way!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an independent artist, the Hot City video is amazing. What she's achieved with Bombastic, S.L.A.Y. and Hot City is impressive and I hope some major label sees her and gives her the chance she never got. 

I could see her going major for the next album, but this current album is objectively to build a fanbase and tide the existing fans over. 

Bonnie could smash if she gets a major label and does a "Say So" type song that goes viral on TikTok. I don't care if she's 30+, she's got more talent than most of the current pop girls / popular acts. Bonnie is sexier than girls half her age and honestly, age is such a construct considering that JLO is literally 54 yo and still got an ass and body for days. 

Edited by RageOfTheGorgon
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 7:13 PM, JelenaKarleusa said:

I missed the live. Did she say anything about album release date or pre order ?

She got mad about us asking and said “it’s coming when I say so and when I’m ready damn” but in a playful way. But I personally don’t think she was playing lol.

1 hour ago, cocomong said:

She got mad about us asking and said “it’s coming when I say so and when I’m ready damn” but in a playful way. But I personally don’t think she was playing lol.

She talked about a release party, which is going to involve a scavenger hunt, in the spring, so probably spring 2024

Edited by Lucas M
  • LMAO 1

Not sure if any of you guys caught this, but Bonnie wrote this caption in the Hot City music video:

I wrote Hot City in Miami 2011, at the height of the golden age of sparkly maximalist pop music. I was carefree, riding the high of co-writing my first global hits on the Teenage Dream album, and finally catching my stride after years of barely getting by as a struggling songwriter. I was at the top of my songwriting game, and always felt like this song was some of my best work, but my label deal fell apart and it never saw the light of day. With the recent resurgence of nostalgia for 2010’s pop, (and a lot of encouragement from my fans!) I decided to crack open the vault and re-record all my old masters of the era, and it’s been extremely gratifying bringing the visuals to life. The Hot City music video is every bit the bright and highly stylized 80’s fever dream I envisioned it to be all those years ago, and I’m elated to finally let it live!

I always wanted to write a song about an imaginary destination a la “Funky Town,” “Paradise City” or “Electric Avenue,” because I feel like it’s an evergreen theme-escaping to paradise-that people can bop to 50 years from now.

As a kid I was fascinated by the movie trope of “repressed nerd” gone wild. From Michelle Pfeiffer’s transformation from insecure Selina Kyle to kick ass Catwoman in Batman Returns, to virginal Sandra D’s leather jacket “Tell me about it, stud” moment in Grease, there was a thrill and a danger to a woman embracing her sexuality that I found exhilarating. I purposefully didn’t cast a love interest in this video because for me, it was never the male gaze that resulted from these bad girl makeovers that excited me, it was the power and confidence they exuded in their uninhibited state. My hope is that Hot City can allow the listener to escape to a place where they can leave their troubles behind and embrace their inner vixen!

• Love 2
  • YAAASSS 1

Pitched to Britney & Rihanna. confirmed with Oligee. Bonnie didn’t know about this one because she “didn’t write” it. He also double confirmed Risky Business as originally being intended for Britney

Bonnie McKee - (Britney Spears Demo) [Femme Fatale Demo]
https://youtu.be/_Fd40zVvmKw

Edited by Britney Xposed
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lucas M said:

She talked about a release party, which is going to involve a scavenger hunt, in the spring, so probably spring 2024

Ain't no damn way. She told the Rolling Stone writer it'd be coming this fall. 🤡 behavior

I'm back on the doom train. It's never coming.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

On 9/7/2023 at 6:49 AM, RageOfTheGorgon said:

I could see her going major for the next album, but this current album is objectively to build a fanbase and tide the existing fans over. 

Bonnie could smash if she gets a major label and does a "Say So" type song that goes viral on TikTok.

a major label doesn’t have anything to offer bonnie. they don’t even have much money anymore.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Britney Xposed said:

Another Bonnie Demo for Justin Bieber Bonnie McKee - Chasing Ghosts (Justin Bieber Demo)

All of the videos you're posting are of previously leaked songs right? I don't hear a difference between any of these and the files that got leaked last year.

• Like 3