Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

It's gone kinda quiet. Any idea when we're gonna get the Hot City music video, or maybe even an album pre-save link?

I think it's safe to say Hot City's MV will be released before the end of the month. Would be cool to get an album pre-save/pre-order along with the video, but she has an even coming in mid-September so that could be another opportunity to announce the album as well...

1 hour ago, K.K. Zeno said:

I think it's safe to say Hot City's MV will be released before the end of the month. Would be cool to get an album pre-save/pre-order along with the video, but she has an even coming in mid-September so that could be another opportunity to announce the album as well...

After SLAY was released she said she had a "few more singles" coming out before the album. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more single at the end of September, followed by the album in late October / early November... I hope I'm wrong but we know Bonnie likes to spread things out.

I'd love to see the album pre-order announcement drop alongside the Hot City video premiere, but I'm not holding my breath.

10 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

After SLAY was released she said she had a "few more singles" coming out before the album. I wouldn't be surprised if we get one more single at the end of September, followed by the album in late October / early November... I hope I'm wrong but we know Bonnie likes to spread things out.

I'd love to see the album pre-order announcement drop alongside the Hot City video premiere, but I'm not holding my breath.

Imo, it would be really nice to have the album pre-order with one non-single track available with it and then the third single released together with the album. I Wanna Fucking Call You, Rewind Your Heart and Forever 21 are the ones I hope will get the single treatment. Truth to to be told, if she wants to really test TikTok’s algorithm, then I Wanna Fucking Call You is the one. Out of the era is the most TikTok-friendly track she got due to its sing along lyrics and candy like synth. A little choreo would be needed tho.

Edited by K.K. Zeno

On 8/20/2023 at 2:03 PM, konnichiwalski said:

As per TikTok comments, she just finished editing the video, so it should be out soon.

YES! The visuals, per usual with Bonnie, are on point. Giving us 4K videos as an indie artist while major signed artists can't even get their 1080p-shot videos properly re-done in that format.

• Like 2

She's being so transparent and human in these interviews it truly makes me want to support her even more. I admire her so much, she's a true fighter and I'm genuinely proud of her.

As a fan, this album's delay has been heartbreaking but I think it can allow her to shine and build a cult following today as that kind of maximalist early-10s dance music is something unique nowadays. 

In a way, I think being a Carly Rae-sized type of artist would be the best for her: "mindie" with true, dedicated fans who want that specific type of songs. 

Edited by K.K. Zeno
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

another new interview. i'm only a few minutes in and she is talking about fighting with the label for american girl. 

-she CAN re record AG but doesn’t want to

-says Flowers is a perfect pop song

-JGAB is not about Kesha? she says Jenny and the bf just got married idk

-still doesn’t remember Risky Business

-thinks she knows who was leaking her music so WATCH OUT u nasty traders.

-still tweaking final tracklist

-EBY is mostly lyric change instrumental is the same

-next album inspired by breakup/relationship stuff

-she said kesha is a very talented writer and artist, praised Praying

-has met Kylie Minogue and is a fan, likes the songs they did

-shes worried about finances due to SAG

-she doesn’t like Reckless and it was a random 1 day demo. (i suspect it’s a Carly pitch but she doesn’t say this)

-said songs have been leaked that were still getting pitched and she lost a lot of money

this is all i remember i listened last night in bed.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

another new interview. i'm only a few minutes in and she is talking about fighting with the label for american girl. 

I love that she praises Lana Del Rey, Kylie Minogue, Kesha, and also has a healthy mindset about the numbers. It's really humble for her to recognize that the industry has changed from when she was at her career peak and keeping her chin up. I hope she holds onto this because it's hard for independent artists and she's one of the hardest workers!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, T2P said:

-said songs have been leaked that were still getting pitched and she lost a lot of money

Poor Bonnie :( 

But a lot of leaked songs have been released years later like Nothing On the Radio, or the big Bebe's hit I'm Good. So if people like her demos, she can still sell them.

• Like 1