Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

25 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I thought Unlock Your Love was ultimately deemed as post-Epic era and it kinda seems more Bombastic era to me but idk. I always had it on my Epic album until like last year when I read somewhere in the thread that it wasn't for Epic so idk.

Wasn't Unlock Your Love listed on the infamous whiteboard picture?

• Like 1

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

I thought Unlock Your Love was ultimately deemed as post-Epic era and it kinda seems more Bombastic era to me but idk. I always had it on my Epic album until like last year when I read somewhere in the thread that it wasn't for Epic so idk.

it's supposedly on the whiteboard

https://genius.com/albums/Bonnie-mckee/Epic-records-album-scrapped

it feels different to the other tracks so i think it was before American Girl was written maybe before she signed the deal. i think it's too dated to be Bombastic

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Wasn't Unlock Your Love listed on the infamous whiteboard picture?

6 hours ago, T2P said:

it's supposedly on the whiteboard

https://genius.com/albums/Bonnie-mckee/Epic-records-album-scrapped

it feels different to the other tracks so i think it was before American Girl was written maybe before she signed the deal. i think it's too dated to be Bombastic

The way I absolutely FORGOT it lmao, putting it back in the tracklist :bop: 

• Like 1

Hot City is just so perfect. It is such a pure distillation of Bonnie's lyrical mastery. A couple people have called the lyrics cheesy but I think that take ignores how hard it is to conjure truly original visuals with words that still sing well and work technically—and also continue the themes and tones from her other songs. PLUS the vocals and production on this are just so well executed. This one is starting to seriously compete with I Want It All as my favorite Bonnie song ever, and I think this is the most commercially viable song she's put out since AG. So happy for her.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

Hot City is just so perfect. It is such a pure distillation of Bonnie's lyrical mastery. A couple people have called the lyrics cheesy but I think that take ignores how hard it is to conjure truly original visuals with words that still sing well and work technically—and also continue the themes and tones from her other songs. PLUS the vocals and production on this are just so well executed. This one is starting to seriously compete with I Want It All as my favorite Bonnie song ever, and I think this is the most commercially viable song she's put out since AG. So happy for her.

highly agree. u can pick any line

’take off your shirt i wanna feel your skin’

’palm trees and pink skies’

they all come at the exact right moment with perfect delivery, they’re visceral and visual etc. nobody does it like Bonnie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, T2P said:

highly agree. u can pick any line

’take off your shirt i wanna feel your skin’

’palm trees and pink skies’

they all come at the exact right moment with perfect delivery, they’re visceral and visual etc. nobody does it like Bonnie.

'I'm on your lap, what would my daddy say?' Delivery >>>

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

3 minutes ago, napoleon said:

In its first 5 days of release, Hot City had 20% more streams than SLAY on Spotify at the same point. I hope Bonnie is pleased with the numbers and continues with the release plans for the album so she can keep the momentum going, and follow it up with her new songs next year.

next year?? 😩