Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, napoleon said:

I couldn't watch her Instagram live, because it was way too late at night for me. Did she provide any new information about the album?

Also, did you guys notice Hot City was released under the Snafu Records label, instead of "Bonnie McKee Music" like her previous solo singles? 

Yeah I noticed that as well. I wonder if she ultimately got signed or if it's just a distribution deal

41 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

Yeah I noticed that as well. I wonder if she ultimately got signed or if it's just a distribution deal

23 minutes ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

My guess is distribution; she's not even listed on the Snafu website (that I can see).

Ally Brooke is not listed either but both attended the Snafu party last week. i think we will get more info soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvQNQXkvnn7/?img_index=1

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 1:15 AM, BraveNewSeth said:

I’m assuming she’s talking about songs like WUD and HMU which were recorded by other artists. AG she wasn’t able to re-record either. We know she was able to do Forever 21 because one of the VHS tapes in her vault was labeled that.

SGGH she can't re-record either

10 hours ago, napoleon said:

I couldn't watch her Instagram live, because it was way too late at night for me. Did she provide any new information about the album?

Also, did you guys notice Hot City was released under the Snafu Records label, instead of "Bonnie McKee Music" like her previous solo singles? 

It's interesting that she's not on their artist spotlight, so I wonder if this is a limited deal or they just haven't had time to update their catalogue yet. Either way, Bonnie did mention she would love to create an imprint label down the road and I think that would be such a good move for her!

I don't love Hot City tbh. I didn't love the SLAY leak either at first but it grew on me with the official release, but this time around my initial instinct was the same as when the single finally released. I just find the lyrics kinda cheesy and the melody sort of reductive. With that said I do think it could make a good album opener, I just don't think it should ever have been a single :awkwardney:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I don't love Hot City tbh. I didn't love the SLAY leak either at first but it grew on me with the official release, but this time around my initial instinct was the same as when the single finally released. I just find the lyrics kinda cheesy and the melody sort of reductive. With that said I do think it could make a good album opener, I just don't think it should ever have been a single :awkwardney:

I low-key kinda agree. I loved SLAY since I initially heard it a few years ago and when it was released, but Hot City, to me, has always felt like it was missing something?! It's not at all a bad track, just idk. Needs a lil something to amp it up. 

2 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

I low-key kinda agree. I loved SLAY since I initially heard it a few years ago and when it was released, but Hot City, to me, has always felt like it was missing something?! It's not at all a bad track, just idk. Needs a lil something to amp it up. 

I felt this way about the Hot City demo, but the final version fixes basically all the complaints I had about it. It’s a bop and a half and a proper glow up. 

Now Slay? That one was completely butchered. I was worried about how the rest of the songs would sound but it seems like she course corrected with Hot City, thankfully. 

• Like 1