Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

So excited for "Hot City" to get the single treatment! Assuming it's coming early/mid-August (as we know Bonnie likes to tease her releases for a couple weeks) hopefully that means the album is coming in late September. Crossing my fingers that "Forever 21" gets a music video to coincide with the album release as that's the quintessential Bonnie bop for me.

• Like 4

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, K.K. Zeno said:

Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt wasn't really scrapped per se. Its rights situation is more complicated than the rest of the tracks according to her comments on TikTok, which translated in its absence from the album.

yeah, it was paid for release by epic records, not like the other ones, in which epic just owns the masters to them. unlike american girl, it couldn't even be argued she could re-record released songs, because it was never released yet epic paid the publishing rights for them to release. it's in song limbo.

Edited by izzzyyy

1 hour ago, izzzyyy said:

yeah, it was paid for release by epic records, not like the other ones, in which epic just owns the masters to them. unlike american girl, it couldn't even be argued she could re-record released songs, because it was never released yet epic paid the publishing rights for them to release. it's in song limbo.

Epic owns the publishing rights as well?? I thought Epic only owned the masters.

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

Epic owns the publishing rights as well?? I thought Epic only owned the masters.

They do only own the masters, but Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt was registered as a pending release in 2013, which also explains why it was on that one engineer's website. She told me on TikTok, "sony paid for it in full."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

They do only own the masters, but Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt was registered as a pending release in 2013, which also explains why it was on that one engineer's website. She told me on TikTok, "sony paid for it in full."

hmm welp, either way, I'm glad we got the song in a leak, better than nothing!

1 hour ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

I was there, it was great! She sang to tracks (not a band) with a basist because it was a last minute opportunity she said. She looked and sounded amazing. She did Jenny, Hot City, Slay, and American Girl... but toward the end of American Girl she transitioned into a produced version of the Katy medley she used to do (Teenage Dream, Dynamite, California Girls) and then transitioned back to American Girl for the close. I had only ever heard that medley on piano or guitar so this was new! It was amazing hearing her sing these songs live for the first time in so many years. It seems like she's just in an amazing place mentally, physically, spiritually, etc. and it just felt amazing to see. So proud of her!

How are the new versions of Hot City and Jenny’s Got A Boyfriend? 

2 minutes ago, K.K. Zeno said:

How are the new versions of Hot City and Jenny’s Got A Boyfriend? 

It was a little hard to tell since she was doing live vocals with the assist of the bassist but none of the songs sounded dramatically or even noticeably different than what we've heard before in this context. Definitely no major changes like what she did in speeding up and adding those amazing new synths in Don't Get Mad Get Famous, which she teased on her live last month (or what we can expect from I Wanna Fucking Call You which she has said will be very different). 

18 minutes ago, Jennys Girlfriend said:

It was a little hard to tell since she was doing live vocals with the assist of the bassist but none of the songs sounded dramatically or even noticeably different than what we've heard before in this context. Definitely no major changes like what she did in speeding up and adding those amazing new synths in Don't Get Mad Get Famous, which she teased on her live last month (or what we can expect from I Wanna Fucking Call You which she has said will be very different). 

Glad she kept them that way. They’re just perfect.

Wait, what did she say about I Wanna Fucking Call You?!

• Like 1