Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, diaperemergency said:

According to the Rolling Stone article, the tracks we know are on the album include:

• SLAY
  • Forever 21
  • Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  • I Wanna Fucking Call You
  • Snatched

And while it isn't outright stated in the article, the album is called Hot City, so it would be pretty weird for that song not to be on it as well. We also know that she was re-recording Love Spell recently, right? I'd say that's a lock as well.

What other songs has Bonnie stated are coming in the last few months?

electric heaven

dgmgf 💀

14-15 songs is actually very reasonable! Considering the amount of bops in the vault I guess 12 would've been a little too short, so I'm here for it :bop: 

also ngl but I'm like zero excited about Snatched given the description. I hope I'm so wrong about it and end up loving it lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

also ngl but I'm like zero excited about Snatched given the description. I hope I'm so wrong about it and end up loving it lol.

I totally agree with you on this lol. I'm sure it's a whole bop, but given the description it sounds more like a Drag Race challenge song, and like it'll be out of place on what is otherwise a capsule collection of dance-pop from 2013. I guess we'll see!

As far as a list of songs we basically have confirmed from her RS article / TikTok comments (lol), I think it's:

1. SLAY
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  5. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  6. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous
  7. Electric Heaven
  8. Rewind Your Heart
  9. Snatched

If the album is 14 or 15 songs that leaves space for 5 or 6 more. We know "Right Now" and "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" are out. Has she said anything about "Everything But You"? I'm pretty sure Max Martin was involved in that one too, right? 💰

• Like 3

Some interesting tid-bits from her TikTok comments...

1) She sold her songwriter's catalogue! Was this common knowledge? That would mean she doesn't see any royalties from any of the Katy songs anymore.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 7.37.06 AM.png

2) Looks like a new single is coming later this month! She also mentioned in another comment that she's currently working on a new music video.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 7.37.25 AM.png

3) Apparently there was no title for the album back in 2013. Although I remember watching an interview with her back then where she said that she had a "few ideas" for the album title, so who knows. I guess she never made a definitive decision.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 7.39.31 AM.png

• Like 4

9 hours ago, diaperemergency said:

According to the Rolling Stone article, the tracks we know are on the album include:

• SLAY
  • Forever 21
  • Snatched

And while it isn't outright stated in the article, the album is called Hot City, so it would be pretty weird for that song not to be on it as well. We also know that she was re-recording Love Spell recently, right? I'd say that's a lock as well.

Also Forever 21 has a transition into Hot City unless thats been changed so yh

22 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

"Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" are out.

what?? since when??

15 minutes ago, Crystal <3 said:

Also Forever 21 has a transition into Hot City unless thats been changed so yh

it’s not a transition, just a coincidence. she would be smart to put them together tho.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

I thought she said so in one of her TikTok comments, but maybe I'm wrong lol. She said something to the effect of "the label paid for that one in full" so maybe there was some red tape around re-recording it?

ur right she did say that. i just never interpreted it as not being able to re record.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

I totally agree with you on this lol. I'm sure it's a whole bop, but given the description it sounds more like a Drag Race challenge song, and like it'll be out of place on what is otherwise a capsule collection of dance-pop from 2013. I guess we'll see!

As far as a list of songs we basically have confirmed from her RS article / TikTok comments (lol), I think it's:

1. SLAY
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  5. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  6. Don't Get Mad, Get Famous
  7. Electric Heaven
  8. Rewind Your Heart
  9. Snatched

If the album is 14 or 15 songs that leaves space for 5 or 6 more. We know "Right Now" and "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" are out. Has she said anything about "Everything But You"? I'm pretty sure Max Martin was involved in that one too, right? 💰

Totally agree on Snatched. Hoping I love it in the end!

I think Just a Kiss also has chances of being included. Ngl I'll riot if it's not included :cry: 

I think Everything But You has two versions, the one from which both demo and final leaked (with Max Martin) and an older one without him. In case Max is out of the window because $$, maybe she could use the other version? Fingers crossed, it's such an essential song.

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

I think Everything But You has two versions, the one from which both demo and final leaked (with Max Martin) and an older one without him. In case Max is out of the window because $$, maybe she could use the other version? Fingers crossed, it's such an essential song.

Totally agree. "Everything But You" feels like an essential part of this album/era to me. That bridge alone!

Got sunglasses, fake lashes, and everything
I got hair-dye and wi-fi, and everything
Got my girls in bikinis, they're drinkin' Bellinis
My phone's always ringing a melody
Got that vintage t-shirt you were looking for
And I'm thinner than I've ever been before
Fridge is full of Corona's, I'm never alone 'cuz
I don't wanna know who you're fallin' for

:yaskween::yaskween::yaskween::yaskween:

I can live without "Right Now" on the album (it's a great song, but always felt more like a pop-rock Avril/Kelly/Pink track to me) but I hope we get justice for EBY.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, diaperemergency said:

• SLAY
  • Forever 21
  • Snatched

This is the whole list of songs Bonnie has confirmed:

don’t get mad, get famous

i wanna fucking call you

slay

electric heaven

rewind your heart

everything but you

love spell

snatched

forever 21

hot city

jenny's got a boyfriend

just a kiss

• Like 2

18 hours ago, diaperemergency said:

• SLAY
  • Forever 21
  • Snatched

she said hot city was coming, and electric heaven. everything but you is on the tapes so i assume that one also. she said a few times "i performed most of the album live" so i assume all the live songs atleast.