Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I imagine the biggest complication will be assessing different color vinyl options and measuring how effective those different color combinations look in context of the outer artwork - then deciding on final combinations/ variants prior to manufacture.

Once that is decided upon, she is then at the mercy of whenever different vinyl pressing plants can fit the physical manufacture of the album into their overall production schedules.

It’s unheard of to not have one global release date nowadays and that requires a lot of communication and co-ordination  across different territories (at least the U.S, U.K and Central Europe).

• Like 1

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, diaperemergency said:

I’m embarrassed to admit I had a dream last night that Right Now leaked. Send help.

lmaoo ive had dreams like this too. or about new made up pokemon games etc. so exciting.

• Love 1
  • LMAO 1

On 7/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, Force User said:

I'm still mad and sad that we are not going to hear the studio version of Right Now. someone please hack Dr. Puke 😠 or something 

During her live for the first stream of SLAY that she did on Instagram, someone asked about Right Now and she said it's never gonna happen, cause it's too expensive. She even said "stick to those live recordings of yours cause that will be it". I'm sure Dr Luke has Bonnie in the palm of his hand and if the song leaks, he will know it was her (there might be subliminal tags throughout the track revealing who had that copy), he will prove it was her and then $$$$$$. So I think she will never be stupid to leak it. 

Personally, I think that every leak that we ever could put our hands on was facilitated by Bonnie herself. Cause the contracts, the label and people involved weren't as diabolical as Dr. Luke's people, she wouldn't be so afraid, so she just gave all those demos and versions to us. And we LOVE her for that.

Now I think "Right Now" is gonna become our next obsession now that SLAY is out and the album is coming. We need something impossible to obsess about.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Cypher said:

I hope I don't get crucified for this, but I listened to her live performance of the song and I don't think it lives up to some of her other material. "Slay" and "Forever 21" definitely sound more distinct and memorable. It's by no means a bad song, but I'm not chasing it. If it leaks, great! If it doesn't, that's okay too.

Exactly. She definitely has much better stuff. Great point.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, lukeluke said:

During her live for the first stream of SLAY that she did on Instagram, someone asked about Right Now and she said it's never gonna happen, cause it's too expensive. She even said "stick to those live recordings of yours cause that will be it". I'm sure Dr Luke has Bonnie in the palm of his hand and if the song leaks, he will know it was her (there might be subliminal tags throughout the track revealing who had that copy), he will prove it was her and then $$$$$$. So I think she will never be stupid to leak it. 

Personally, I think that every leak that we ever could put our hands on was facilitated by Bonnie herself. Cause the contracts, the label and people involved weren't as diabolical as Dr. Luke's people, she wouldn't be so afraid, so she just gave all those demos and versions to us. And we LOVE her for that.

Now I think "Right Now" is gonna become our next obsession now that SLAY is out and the album is coming. We need something impossible to obsess about.

45 minutes ago, Cypher said:

I hope I don't get crucified for this, but I listened to her live performance of the song and I don't think it lives up to some of her other material. "Slay" and "Forever 21" definitely sound more distinct and memorable. It's by no means a bad song, but I'm not chasing it. If it leaks, great! If it doesn't, that's okay too.

Let’s all obsess about Forever 21. It’s way more worthy of it 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

Hey guys, since I had absolutely nothing better to do tonight, I've decided to mix the official version of SLAY with the "bright as gold" part.

I also added an extra "S.L.A.Y." right after the first chorus, cause I kind of missed it after she cut it off for the official release. And some more "S.L.A.Y. at the end cause the live performances from 2014 all had double "S.L.A.Y" at the end lol.

You can totally notice the sound difference when it switches from official to older version cause I'm not an expert at equalizing stuff lol. 

I saw someone asking for this version somewhere, I hope you like it. If someone else has done it already, can you guys send it to me? Thanks.

Dbree link https://dbree.org/v/434672

Drive link  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z5Lh5IS_FWcipuLD1e_2BJBiWLLAu7Fq/view?usp=sharing

Also here's the cover:

COVER.jpg

Edited by lukeluke
  • YAAASSS 2

30 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Bonnie is on Threads and she’s sharing some exclusive nuggets and observations about her life, that she’s not posting to other platforms. You might want to start following her:

wBZr9gu.jpg

FcXY5iZ.jpg
w2wZSHj.jpg

I love her humour <3