Best Movie of 2015?

Main Pop Girl

2015 In Film  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favourite movie of 2015?

• Jurassic World
    • Furious 7
    • Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • Minions
    • Inside Out
    • Spectre
    • Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
    • Fifty Shades of Grey
    • The Martian
    • Cinderella
    • Ant-Man
    • San Andreas
    • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
    • Terminator: Genisys
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    • Kingsman
    • Home
    • Taken 3
    • Mad Max: Fury Road
    • The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

So it's officially December which means it's finally time to start working on our end of year lists! <3 For our film list, I've included the top twenty highest grossing films of the year, but of course that means that there's a lot of lesser known films missing from the poll. So if your favourite movie from 2015 isn't on the list, feel free to vote for anything on the poll that takes your fancy and then post your real favourite down below in this topic!

For me personally, I feel like I've seen a fair few movies this year but none have really impressed me that much - although with Star Wars and a bunch of other movies coming out later this month that still has time to change!

In second place for me would be The Martian. I don't think I've ever seen a film work with so many characters so well and yet make them all relatable, likeable and important in terms of plot. It was really the polar opposite of something like Jurassic World, which worked with only four characters and yet for me was unable to make a single one of them likeable. :vacuum: 

But my all time favourite movie of the year was Inside Out! Not only was it wildly inventive, beautifully animated and gorgeously scored, but the plot itself had such a touching and honest message for both children and adults and I was honestly a bawling mess by the end of it. :stretcher: And not only did it have the overarching, obvious message of embracing your emotions and accepting sadness, but it also had a lot of subtle little messages about gender and mental illness I picked up on which really made it shine for me.

What about you guys? <3 

Please take of Fifty Shades Of Rape and replace it with Star Wars: The Force Awakens  since it's going to shatter all previous box office records and will without a doubt be the movie of the millennium. I will agree with you on Inside Out, it's a fantastic movie I've had to sit through 20+ times thanks to a certain daughter of mine. Still better than Dora. :morning:

8 hours ago, trayertrash said:

Please take of Fifty Shades Of Rape and replace it with Star Wars: The Force Awakens  since it's going to shatter all previous box office records and will without a doubt be the movie of the millennium. I will agree with you on Inside Out, it's a fantastic movie I've had to sit through 20+ times thanks to a certain daughter of mine. Still better than Dora. :morning:

Ashley, please don't try to censor me. As a strong feminist and avid appreciator of the BDSMQI community I do not appreciate the constant discrimination faced by people like you on a daily basis! Fifty Shades of Grey is a true, honest and unflinching look at the life behind the handcuffs. Star Wars is just a bunch of nerdy homos playing dress up.

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

I'm glad you put Kingsman on the list. I just watched it, not knowing what to expect...I gotta say, I pretty much loved it. I thought it was a great movie. Maybe not the BEST, but it actually stood out to me quite a bit.

I liked it too! I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites of the year, but it was decent. It was just a fun, silly action adventure movie - kind of like what James Bond used to be before they ruined the entire franchise with Daniel Craig. :morning: 

On 12/5/2015, 8:49:52, Countess said:

I liked it too! I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites of the year, but it was decent. It was just a fun, silly action adventure movie - kind of like what James Bond used to be before they ruined the entire franchise with Daniel Craig. :morning: 

Exactly! It's what spy movies used to be before all this new era stuff. I think that's what I loved about it. I bought it on Black Friday!

23 hours ago, trayertrash said:

You're not my daddy, you're my father :morning:

markhamillgif.gif

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

Exactly! It's what spy movies used to be before all this new era stuff. I think that's what I loved about it. I bought it on Black Friday!

That's African American Friday to you, privileged white male. :morning:

• YAAASSS 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, trayertrash said:

I need you to add The Force Awakens now :morning:

I deleted Godlena's masterpiece Hotel Transylvania 2 for you, you better be grateful. :morning:

3 hours ago, speedoflight said:

Age of adaline  please  :morning:

Did you actually like that movie? :shocked: Blake was perfect in it like always but it was so cliche-ridden and the dialogue was so melodramatic. :vacuum: